• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro not opening VOB files (Windows 10 64bit)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro not opening VOB files (Windows 10 64bit)

I have searched the forms for this issue, downloaded/installed "PremiereProTrial-6.0.5-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip" and "AdobeMediaEncoderTrial_64-6.0.3-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip", but these updates did not solve my issue.

I just need to be able to open .VOB files like I could on windows 8.1 and I think I'm missing something? I can't just go to the help update and update button because this is a off network workstation that would have to be removed from the building to be connected to the internet because of network security.

Adobe CC is not an option because the software is not approved for the network.

Yes, I'm aware of how inefficient this is, but I just work here and am not able to make policy decisions.

Yes, the VOB files are copyright free.

Please help! So, I can get these videos edited and ready to be used in a classroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Thanks John. I have read that post and my big hold back is that I'm on government systems, so everything has to be legit. So for a lot of the solutions I can't even get to the download site.

From what I am understanding, Adobe isn't servicing CS6 products, so really there isn't a Windows 10 solution within the CS6 masters collection.

No big deal; I have told my bosses that it's not possible with out buying new software, so maybe that will push them to get the new CC software. Unfortunately, I mig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a quick test. PR 6.0.0 is what I have on my Win 10 laptop. The version I have on my production machine experiences an error and won't open.

I can import a vob to PR CS6 6.0.0. But many vobs have extra stuff in the file, and may need to be converted to mpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions for getting the VOB files into MPG format that I can edit. I have tried just changing the extension. Media Encoder won't open them, so I can't use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried for a bit: mpg streamclip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ripping a VOB to edit using a note from Jim Simon - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322647

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I have read that post and my big hold back is that I'm on government systems, so everything has to be legit. So for a lot of the solutions I can't even get to the download site.

From what I am understanding, Adobe isn't servicing CS6 products, so really there isn't a Windows 10 solution within the CS6 masters collection.

No big deal; I have told my bosses that it's not possible with out buying new software, so maybe that will push them to get the new CC software. Unfortunately, I might have to take the workstation out of the building every three months to connect to the Adobe Creative Cloud to validate the software so it will work. Or, at least this is what I know so far about having CC on a workstation that isn't connected to the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, for something new that uses a serial number so install once and (as far as I know) run without an Internet connection take a look at Adobe Elements bundle | Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Adobe Premiere Elements 15 (if you have a 64bit operating system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines