Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

10-Core 3.8 GhZ

64GB RAM

Geforce 1080

Latest PPro

Hi, 

I have footage here from a DJI Drone (Apple ProRes 4444QX) and for some reason it's not playing back 

smoothly. But its not choppy, the timeline indicator jumps always like 2seconds back and then plays again from there. Play again for a nother 3 seconds and jumps back again a second...very, very annoying. I work with Proxies to fix it, but I'm wondering if anybody else is suffering from something similar..reducing the playback resolution doesn't help.

Here is more details about the file:

File Path:

Type: QuickTime Movie
File Size: 18.71 GB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 25.00
Total Duration: 00:01:51:02
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None

QuickTime Details:
Movie contains 1 video track(s), 0 audio track(s), 0 closed caption track(s), and 0 timecode track(s).

Video:
There are 2777 frames with a duration of 1/25th.

Video track 1:
Duration is 0:01:51:02
Average frame rate is 25.00 fps

Video track 1 contains 1 type(s) of video data:

Video data block #1:
Frame Size = 3840 x 2160
Compressor = Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
Quality = Most (5.00)

Proxy Media

Type: QuickTime Movie
File Size: 200.34 MB
Image Size: 1024 x 540
Frame Rate: 25.00
Total Duration: 00:01:51:02
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None

QuickTime Details:
Movie contains 1 video track(s), 0 audio track(s), 0 closed caption track(s), and 1 timecode track(s).

Video:
There are 2777 frames with a duration of 1/25th.

Video track 1:
Duration is 0:01:51:02
Average frame rate is 25.00 fps

Video track 1 contains 1 type(s) of video data:

Video data block #1:
Frame Size = 1024 x 540
Compressor = Apple ProRes 422 Proxy
Quality = Most (5.00)

Timecode:
Timecode track 1 contains 1 type(s) of data:

Timecode data block #1:
Start Time = 00:00:00:00
Reel name =

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't tell us what kind of drive you have the media stored on.  You're asking a lot from your system to playback 4k.  Haven't worked with this prores format, but I'm assuming it's a lossless format which probably requiring a lot of diskspeed to playback smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Grenadier,

It's a professional server  with 10Gbit connection, it's probably not the bandwidth. 

No, I dont think I am. I am playing back every other codec (which is losless) 

and as I said it's not a stutter as such, the timeline needle is dancing wildly rather than stuttering or slowing down!

Thanks for your reply

Jannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there have been issues with the nvidia drivers for your graphics card with a variety of symptoms.  supposedly, the latest version is working fine, so upgrade the driver.  If that doesn't help, you may need to revert to an earlier version.

Also, you might try connecting the media drive directly to the computer and see if that solves the problem.  You might also test the drive access speed.  What other "lossless" codecs are you saying are playing smoothly.  do they have the same pixel dimensions and frame rate as the problematic files?  I checked to see if this format is available in Premiere 2020 on my windows machine for export and it's not, so that may be an issue.  You might try transcoding to something that is...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines