I've seen these issues in posts from the past, but I'm now having this issue. No matter what, the audio is out of sync. I tried several different attempts at changing bit rates, frame rates, export types (pro res to vimeo)... was going to try and render through after effects and try that, but that's such a process and shouldn't be the constant. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?
Weird thing is that when I import the exported content into iMovie (don't judge), it's synced. But when I tried to export from iMovie, it seemed to drop frames.
Wondering if it's actaully Media Exporter that is the real issue?
Help would be appreciated.
Try exporting directly from Premiere Pro rather than using the AME queue.
Thanks for the suggestion. That was what I tried for the first 20 attempts. I may try to render/export through AE again. Hoping not to take all that time to try that version...
What is the origin of the source footage, is it VFR (variable framerate)? Things like iPhone-, ScreenRecordings-, Zoom-, Twitch-, YouTube- videos are mostly VFR. It's highly recommended to transcode such clips to CFR before editing.
Can you tell us what your footage is? VFR/CFR, audio rate, frame rate, encoding etc. That might assist in solving this. Does this happen for all your projects? Or just this one? Are there multiple video files in your sequence, or is it a one take?
I was considering running clips through Handbrake, but under the impression that the current PP version fixed all of that. Funny thing: The drives I list below, one contained all of the content. I moved some on to the RAV drive, so it should have been the same file types.
So essentially, there are 3 nights of recordings that I'm pulling from, from the exact same cameras. This has NEVER happened to me and one of my fellow staff members said that this recently happened to him as well.
Thanks for your help.
(Below are the properties from a clip pulled from the different SSD's)
Drive 1 info (selecting 1 clip)
File Path: /Volumes/RAVPOWER /James Video/Sunday Pt1.mov Type: QuickTime Movie File Size: 48.57 GB Image Size: 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate: 59.94 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - Mono Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono Total Duration: 01;04;12;45 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Color Space: Rec. 709 Color Space Override: Off Input LUT: None QuickTime Details: Movie contains 1 video track(s), 1 audio track(s), 0 closed caption track(s), and 1 timecode track(s). Video: There are 230933 frames with a duration of 1001/60000ths. Video track 1: Duration is 1;04;16;35 Average frame rate is 59.95 fps Video track 1 contains 1 type(s) of video data: Video data block #1: Frame Size = 1920 x 1080 Compressor = Apple ProRes 422 Proxy Quality = Most (5.00) Audio: Audio track 1 contains 1 type(s) of audio data: Audio data block #1: Format = 24 bit - 16 channels Rate = 48000 Hz Compressor = uncompressed Timecode: Timecode track 1 contains 1 type(s) of data: Timecode data block #1: Start Time = 02;28;41;18 Reel name =
File Path: /Volumes/RAVPOWER /James Video/Friday Pt1.mp4 Type: MPEG Movie File Size: 6.32 GB Image Size: 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate: 59.94 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo Total Duration: 01;29;31;14 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0
One more thing... The output of the 3 different nights should be the same. Although, while recording live, there was a gopro type camera, then 3 black magics but they all came from the same source in the end. Don't know that that matters.
It must have something to do with the codec's or something. I was able to export in Pro Res, but now I have a video that is 240 Gb's.
Same problem here. I'm using the exact same workflow that I have been for the last year but suddenly after the 2021 update my audio goes out of sync wihen exporthing h.264. I do use mixed frame rates but its never been an issue before.
Just chiming in to say "me too"! Looks perfect on the timeline. Hugely out of sync on export. I think it happened when I introduced a new .wav file into the sequence. But the fact that it plays perfectly in Premiere but exports out-of-sync is so NOT "pro." I'm going to try to retrace my steps, creating a new sequece with all the pieces minus that one file and see what happens.
I think I just discoved the issue (for me, anyway). You might check the audio routing you're using for playback, or try the file on another computer. I had Premiere routed to a USB interface to external monitors, then had Quicktime (which was playing back the exported file) routed through my Macbook's internal headphones. I shut off the interface, rebooted my computer, and played the video file again. Not it's playing back in sync!