Highlighted

Blackmagic RAW Setting turned off & all RAW setting disbled.

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community,

I'm working on a music video shot on Blackmagic Raw, The clips i changed settings in Blackmagic RAW in clip settings suddnly turned gray & i'm not able to turn it on. anyone know how to sort this out? I'm in middle of the project & have to deliver it by tomorrow.

I attached the Screen shot Below.

Thanks & Regards.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blackmagic RAW Setting turned off & all RAW setting disbled.

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community,

I'm working on a music video shot on Blackmagic Raw, The clips i changed settings in Blackmagic RAW in clip settings suddnly turned gray & i'm not able to turn it on. anyone know how to sort this out? I'm in middle of the project & have to deliver it by tomorrow.

I attached the Screen shot Below.

Thanks & Regards.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_837WkXSBD4.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_837WkXSBD4.png

I'm Really Sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting post.

source matarial is usually project wide, so if it's raw you'd basically find some way to set the project to see the raw ( or S log or whatever ) and assign a proxy. By that I mean a linear interpretation of the source. Raw isn't a codec... it's like a bunch of different manufacterers ( cameras like red, arri, panavision, etc.) recording their own brand of raw so they can get the full gamut and 14-16 F stop range... and then correct it re: WB, F stop.  It's like magic. You shoot and can be totally OFF on your WB setting in camera ( shoot daylight at 32K ) and fix it.

Once you put that result into an editing program you are stuck with what you told the program to do with the raw. That is usually a project setting. You have to debayer and do all kinds of stuff to raw before you can edit it. It becomes a different animal for editing.

Redcine X and Arri Raw apps are good for just looking at the raw footage... and then you can export using various intermediates or whatever. I mean that movie house projection ( DCI ? ) and TV broadcast ( rec 709 ? ) are options from the raw.

When you use Adobe you are pretty much stuck in rec 709, and your plug in to take bmpcc 4k raw ( which I use with resolve editor ) is the same thing.... you have to tell it what to do with the raw and after you do that ( usually with a proxy ) those raw settings are no longer relevant. They basically don't exist anymore in that project.

I can't adjust raw setttings in resolve after I start the project and import the stuff with the settings I use to get a linear decent editing codec, etc.  So I think you have to think about what raw is and that specific 'brand' of raw, and then deal with basic CC once the stuff is in your timeline... luma values of lift gamma gain, etc.... so you get the benefit of the raw ( wb, f stops for tonal range, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks for your valuable guide, but my concern is the "i have changed some settings in Blackmagic RAW like Exposure, Picture Profile, WB & after that i turned off my software & PC. Then next time when i started working on that project again then all off the Changed RAW settings are Vanished.

it happen 1st time thats why I'm asking, it never happend.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0