• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag/drop or right click in premiere Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue with a few of the newer versions of Premiere (every since Adobe moved over to the CC platform these bugs have shown up in every version since 2014)  .. can't right click on clips in my timeline or drag and drop, it's almost like the problem was my mouse, but it's not ... however i am still able to cut, using the  insert tabs ..etc   I had tried all the fixes listed in this forum .. none worked .. and please don't give me an asinine solution like did you select the track, I've been cutting with premiere since the late 90's. 

However I did find one solution, as weird and stupid as it might sound.    When the problem occured again out of the blue after editing no more than 4 projects (over 20 hours of editing time) I noticed that the 2017 update was up .. so I updated .. in the hopes that the new update would have resolved this bug that showed it self in the previous 3 PP versions.  however as soon as I opened my first project this problem starting to occur and reproduced itself in other timelines that never had an issue.   the fix was weird, stupid and quite simple .. since i use dual monitors i decided to switch my view,  move the timeline to the right screen and the monitor to the left ... this simple move seemed to resolve the problem !  when I moved them back ...  right clicking and drag/drop was working without a hitch !  the very next 3 times i opened this project i would have the same issue .. a simple switch of the monitors fixed it every time !

I posted about my issues 3 days ago, yet no staffer from Adobe answered my post .. and still hasn't .. is this the type of service we are to expect with Adobe and their new Monthly payment plan ??  I was very tempted to hack a copy of PP but decided that I should pay it forward and spend the money in order to have the help should i ever need it .. so far it's been very disappointing ..  firstly it takes hours to find the correct answers needed via their help menu .. and then it's a crap shoot that any help will come in the coming days .. my projects need to be edited when I sit at my Computer .. not a week or so later when Adobe decides to lend hand .. what can we do to get quicker answers to our problems with this new adobe CC service.. because as obvious as it is .. this bug is still very much prominent (everytime i open a timeline) in the 2017 update !!

looking forward to being answered in a timely fashion ... it's up to you Adobe !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi Vidv,

Apologies for inconvenience.

Are you using any Custom Workspaces in Premiere Pro? If Yes,

Go to the following location in the machine

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0 (Or)

(In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 )

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the Old project, Create a new cust

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that my post has helps some of you that are having the same problem as me .. please post to let me know, and I'll gladly post other fixes i have learned about over the years ...

Personally I think the problem is due to Apples IOS updates .. ever since i switched to El Capitan i've been plagued with bugs ... Does any know know if this is an IOS problem or a Adobe one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is anyone having this issue ??  Every time i open PP 2017 I can't drag and drop till I move around my timeline and program monitor (switch back and forth from one monitor to the other) .. Is this normal ? 

Working on Dual monitors, Mac El Capitan on Macbook 17" and PP cloud 2017 update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's up to you Adobe !

This is really a user forum.  Adobe staff do sometimes participate, but it's never guaranteed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidv,

Apologies for inconvenience.

Are you using any Custom Workspaces in Premiere Pro? If Yes,

Go to the following location in the machine

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0 (Or)

(In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 )

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the Old project, Create a new custom workspace & test.

Attention: By renaming 11.0 folder, you will lose the custom Workspaces & Keyboard shortcuts.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original post was from 2016. Now I'm having the same issue on my new Mac Mini with the M1 chip and Premiere v14.0. Cannot click and drag either items in the Project window or clips in the timeline. When I move everything over to the second monitor, somehow it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up.  I just had this problem after re-installing Premiere Pro CC2017, and this fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines