• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Dynamic Link to work cc2018

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Premiere project with a lot of compositions linked through After Effects with Dynamic Link.  Premiere took all the compositions offline and whenever I try to relink back to the AE comps it times out with an error message saying "The importer reported a generic error".  I can't figure this out to save my life... Even when I create new projects they won't link from Premiere to AE or vise versa. If I send a Dynamic Link from AE to Premiere I get a message "After Effects: Failed to connect to Adobe Dynamic Link project".  When I also try to send a file to AME to process, AME opens but no projects get loaded in the queue. I've deleted and reinstalled the apps, cleared caches, tested new project files, granted all access through the firewalls.  I'm out of ideas.. Ive searched for the last 2 days online trying to find answers and now I am here asking the community for help.  I previously had the same issue in cc2017 thinking that possibly updating to the newest version of CC would solve the issue as well... nope.  This was all working several days ago, and out of nowhere it just stopped.

As a workaround I'll be exporting the comps through AE and placing them in Premiere..  But hoping to find a fix so I don't have to do this continuously in the future for other projects.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, here are my system specs:

Using all latest CC apps

AE: Version 15.0.0 Build 180

Premiere: 12.0.0 Build 224

Windows 10 Pro

1950x Threadripper

GTX Titan X Maxwell Version 387.92

64GB Tridentz

X399 ROG Zenith Extreme

960Evo M.2 boot drive

850evo cache ssd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Try Step 3d below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 3d below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to go with the Reinstall Windows route on "I" on step 3.. It all works now.  Shame I had to wipe the system though.  Appreciate the guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bad thing to do every now and then.  A new version of the Adobe suite is as good an excuse as any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fixed it!!!!!!! I FIXED IT!!!!

if there is any effects on the premiere clip like speed, warp etc you will get that error pop up!

you have to delete the effects on it and it should work once you link it to after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines