Can't log into Vimeo/ upload directly to Vimeo from Premiere CC

Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try exporting from Premier and attempt log in to Vimeo, as I have for many months now, when I enter my password, it still does not connect, even though I am logged in already to Vimeo. Also, I do not see premiere listed in the connected apps section of Vimeo's preferences either.  any one know why this just started happening?

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 3.36.38 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issure here. Using Premiere 14.1 (latest build also has issues with Red Giant Colorista). Can't log-in to Vimeo via Media Encoder. No problems logging in via Vimeo and Chrome on a Mac.

Logging out of Vimeo and logging back in does nothing, unfortunately. It's a busted Premier/Encoder fature. Not surprised.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. Used to work. Tried clearing cache's and all that. I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time doing this kind of BS in Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me - when trying to log in to Vimeo on Media Encoder, there is no Authorise page that comes up. Just the Viemo homepage appears even though I am logging in with my credentials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a thought...  could this be a firewall issue on the computer?  not sure where you'd be able to change this, but might be worth some googling.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - tried on two different machines: PC and Mac. Same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be the same issue on both machines.  Could be a firewall issue on the router if they're both connected to the same one or could be a default setting on both systems...    If it's working on some people's machines, I would guess that it's not a premiere issue but a system issue.   Can anyone report success with this feature?  Maybe if I get inspired (or really bored or just desperate not to do the work I should be doing) I'll see if I can get it to work.  I seem to remember trying to do this a few years ago but I may be misremembering.  I've found just exporting to a folder on my computer that automatically gets mirrored on to dropbox on the cloud works just fine and I can easily access vimeo from home or wherever and instantly copy the video from dropbox to vimeo.   but I'm repeating myself....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine on iMovie so it's not the firewall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not necessarily.  wouldn't surprise me if the imovie developer (who could that be?) had made sure that by default Imovie had whatever pemissions or settings where necessary...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just took a look at firewall settings and guess what I found?    Automatically allow built in software to receive incoming connections...  imovie is built in.   Try adding vimeo and/or premiere to this list and "allow incoming connections" and see if it makes a difference.  worth a shot.  and maybe try disabling the option for built in software and see if that prevents imovie from accessing vimeo...

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 11.13.05 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been connected on the app for some time. Exporting from PR or AME produced same results - no problem. I logged out and cannot log back in....

The first post in this thread is from 2017, and the GUI is very different. In any event, I "signed out" from Vimeo in PR, and cannot log back in. Unlike some (getting a plain Vimeo page), I click "Sign In" and I get a window with "Authorize the application" in the top left and "Log in to Vimeo" options. But instead of success, I get a Vimeo screen with "See plans" and "Joint for Free" as if I am not recognized. Logging in produces various loops with "join" (rather than just login). In any event, logging in at every opportunity produces no joy. Tried logging in to Vimeo first (no problem; credentials are okay), and leaving that page open while I tried connecting.

I updated to 2014.1.0 April 14. I uploaded a video after that, but I do not recall if I was already logged in to Vimeo.

Loaded PR 2019.1.5. Same thing.

I do not use the same email address for Vimeo as I use for my Adobe accounts. Since I've been meaning to change that, I changed my Vimeo login email to the same as Adobe. No change. 

In the Vimeo site, I showed throught as "Connected." I "disconnect." No change to the PR side: cannot connect. Vimeo now also shows disconnected (PR/AME does not appear at all).

Edit: Posted bug report in uservoice. Upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/40445803-vimeo-cannot-conn...

Posted in Media Encoder because that is what shows in the Vimeo connections list.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the issue I am facing. Log in the app and get the same page as you are seeing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, just tried it in both premiere 2019 and 2020 with the same results, an endless loop of the vimeo sign in window which after entering my email and password, takes me to another vimeo welcome screen...  as though I was not logged in.

and tried it with firewall turned on and off...

fwiw, I have a feeling this particular problem may be a vimeo issue.  but don't know.  Gotta say vimeo support has always been rock solid even with the current lockdown.  I don't need this feature so I probably won't pursue it but might be worthwhilefor you to see if vimeo support has an answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!!!

Does anyone have an idea?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines