• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see labels in project window in List View

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the colour labels (of sequences, clips, bins etc) when viewing my project window in List View.

They are usually in a column ("Label colour") on the far left of the project window.

I can see them in Freeform view.

Just ran an update, (14.6, Build 51) I think this wasn't a problem before.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Confirmed bug.

Workaround is to make new project and import old one.

Labels are still showing in Freeform View.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither can I. Guessing this is an error Adobe missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  Definately a 14.6 thing as no issues before this.  Super annoying as use colours to notate used media in some projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed bug.

Workaround is to make new project and import old one.

Labels are still showing in Freeform View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I live off my label colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying....when Adobe does resolve this issue, how would we know so we can update ASAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just remember that an update is liable to add new features and/or other bug fixes which may cause new issues.  be sure and keep the older versions available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they should make updates that assist editors instead of hinder their work flow? "new features may cause new issues..." -- Isn't the point of an update to improve user performance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the vast majority of users are not having these sorts of issues or feel that the workarounds are worth the access to newer features...  This is an argument that's been going on for as long as NonLinear Editing systems have existed (and I've been working on them almost from the beginning).  Do we take advantage of new hardware and operating systems or stick with what works?  I've got Premiere 5.5, 6 2017, 18, 19 and 20 on my main system... just in case. 

I think most people don't have a clue as to just how complex a piece of software premiere is and that fixing one thing can cause all sorts of unintended consequences.  And these issues don't necessarly show up on all of the infinitie variety of hardware available.  It's unrealistic to expect adobe to be able to test every possible configuration.   Not saying I don't hope they do a better job, just saying these problems are the nature of the beast...  

There are some vary basic rules to follow if you depend on your editing system to make a living.  Never update in the middle of a project unless you have the time to deal with these sorts of issues.  Monitor this board to see what sort of problems other people are having before diving in at the deep end of the pool.  

Familiarize yourself with the basic troubleshooting steps for your OS.  Optimize your system wherever possible (I know this is not always feasible because of the constraints manufactures may put on there hardware - Apple are you listening - lighter and smaller is not always better-  and because of budgetary issues):  if you can, make sure you have at least 32 gigs of RAM.  Although you may be able to work with 16 gigs, more is better and as your project gets more complicated, it may put greater demands on your system.  And use the fastest storage possible.  

rant over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier I'm going to assume (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that it's your job to post comments like this. So be it. But I have to point out that this comment is based on the assumption that users on this thread didn't know or failed to do as you describe. And since no one said as much, the assuption is condescending, useless, and irrelevant. Most of us are professionals who have been through coutless updates. And Adobe CC currently lists 13 older versions of Premiere Pro CC that we can roll back to at any time. And all this has nothing to do with the fact that Adobe should be aware of and fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not my job, but I am trying to help people and I've been participating on these sorts of forums for many years and have solved many peoples problems.  You learn very early on not to make assumptions about peoples level of expertise...  sorry if you felt I was condescending.  that was not my intention.  

nd this is not the place to report bugs.  Although sometimes Adobe employees do monitor this board and will respond, you cannot count on it.  This is peer to peer communication.  Do a little bit of searching here and you'll find where to report the bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier, I appreciate people like you who are on these forums to offer assistance. I have never actually posted on a forum until today, (and yes, I've been a professional editor going on 16 years.) I only use them for troubleshooting. That being said, some of us don't control updates and software usage. Part of my job as an editor does not include telling IT staff that I can't upgrade because of a software glitch. In fact, I only found this forum today after searching for two days. This is a very new problem and I had no idea before our IT department ran the updates that this issue was of concern.  There have been countless updates that resulted in poor performance feedback, but thanks to the voices in the Adobe community, the concerns were addressed and either resolved or a workaround was provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgrenadier, like myself and nearly all the 'usual suspects' who help others around here, is just another user albeit an experienced one, and is helping people simply because he/she is willing to do so.

And with the rather significant experience he's had on this forum, is clearly aware that everything any of us puts up here is read not just by the person we respond to but many others ... so the range of experience who view the posts looking for answers is all over the map.

We constantly all get comments that 1) we are talking way over their head and 2) we are condescending to anyone with pro level knowledge. Because some readers will have no experience whatever, and some could practically write the crazy program. That's Life.

Even with much experience, we all tend to have our areas. Color/Lumetri? I'm all in ... I've worked with that since it was designed, and SpeedGrade before and still with Resolve. You're having an issue with a 20-audio track timeline? ... Um, not me, really. Color, I teach to pro colorists. Audio, I scrape by. So I'm very experienced in color, nearly a noob as far as I'm concerned in audio.

The place to actually post bugs directly to the engineers is their UserVoice system. All posts there are logged by at least one engineer, as that is their input portal for user troubles to their system. Plus all posts are collated and sent to the upper managers who decide budgets based on metrics, and that is a major data source for their metrics also.

This site is primarily user-to-user support, with some oversight by Product Support staff.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines