• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture mini-dv to laptop without firewire

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to build a laptop in order to be able to work with CC in a portable setting. I have a camera that we still use that shoots on Mini-DV. At the office we capture the video into the desktop through firewire using a cheap canon camcorder for playback. With laptops not coming with firewire input, is there a way to be able to capture the footage from the mini-dv to a newly built laptop? We would be building a PC.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so.

But if you're purchasing a new Laptop, perhaps it's also time for a new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to add a Firewire card to the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, no version of Premiere will capture using a USB port, only firewire

Capture is not the same as using a USB port (with your operating system file manager) to copy files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, those USB to FW adapters have never worked. Unless you can find a laptop with firewire, your vintage camcorder is a desk prop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines