Highlighted

Choppy Playback when I put colour and Luts

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without colour grade & Luts playback is normal, when i simple colour correction and create adjustment layer put Luts & simple colour grade, when playback is choppy. How i can solve this problem? already update lastest version 14.3.2 . 

Using MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

and Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt2qttsewac9g7t/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-04%20at%202.17.11%20AM.mov?dl... 

Topics

Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Choppy Playback when I put colour and Luts

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without colour grade & Luts playback is normal, when i simple colour correction and create adjustment layer put Luts & simple colour grade, when playback is choppy. How i can solve this problem? already update lastest version 14.3.2 . 

Using MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

and Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt2qttsewac9g7t/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-04%20at%202.17.11%20AM.mov?dl... 

Topics

Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color correction especially including LUTs and manual corrections is a rather intensive "effect". So unless you've got upper gear, that can start to slog a computer down. Your rig has a fairly slow 6-core CPU, which won't work perhaps fast enough to even push the GPU. The work always starts in the CPU, and then it sends the data that is GPU-work to the GPU as it gets to it.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I have same problems with LUTs. I did several tests and this is what I get. If I use Lumetri without any LUTs then it works fast and good. If I apply small size LUT (for example less then 2 Mb) then again playback works good. If I apply big LUT (like 4-5 Mb) then playback gets very choppy (but regular), like it's 10fps instead of 30fps.

You could say: just don't use big LUTs - this is a solution. But in Premiere 2019 (and older) everything works great! This is old LUTs that I used for a long time without problems. But in Premiere 2020 I see this choppy playback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are rather large LUTs ... what made them, what sort of thing is included in them? How many 'points'?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of this LUTs created in Photoshop. And you know that you could set different "resolution" of LUT in this case. So smaller LUTs (I tested again and could say that with size <=1 Mb) playback without problems. Larger LUTs (>=3 Mb) playing very choppy. Sorry I don't know how to read how many points there. May be you could tell me special program what showing this "inside" info about LUT files.

My specs are: Intel Core i9-9900X, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10, all latest updates of drivers and programs.

Again I could only repeat that Premiere 2019 don't have problems with this big LUTs even if they are excessively detailed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I found some point where this problem could be. It's interesting. I'm talking about big LUTs, cause I have problems with playback only in this case.

1. If I use Lumetri colors and apply big LUT in Creative then in any case I have choppy playback.

2. If I use Lumetri colors and apply big LUT in Basic Correction then at first (when I press "Browse") playback is choppy too. Then I need to select None in LUT selection. Then start smooth playback without LUT. Stop playback. Go again to Basic and from drop menu select my latest LUT (not by Browse). And after that I have smooth playback with my big LUT.

I don't know where (in Windows, or in Nvidia drivers, or in Premiere) but I see a glitch in code. Cause it's possible to get smooth playback but only by so strange method.

P.S. After some "playing" with settings I have a number of crashes of Premiere and Lumetri. With message "A low-lever exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:14)"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your LUTs parked on your computer? I hope not in the Program/Package files area ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its 14.3.2 go back to 14.2 and away is your problem.

I have a 2020 12core 3.3 macpro + vega2 32GB gfx and still got that problem AFTER upgrading, everything in the same timeline ran perfect before upgrade.

Its ridiculous, and crazy and really annoying that upgrades make you go maddeingly slower and underperforming.

ADOBE! Get your act together or I'm def away to Resolve!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your LUTs parked on disc? What is the folder location ... ?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines