Combining several .srt caption files into one

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an .srt file which I imported into Premiere with closed captions. Then, I chopped up and moved things around in the srt file, as I was adding title cards and other clips. So I find myself with one caption file, but split into 4 or 5.

The source file does not update its timecode accordingly. Now I find myself in a timeline with 5-6 short caption clips, and I would like to export them all into ONE .srt file, with the timecodes to follow the ones on the timeline.

How can I do that?

Also, weirdly, when I select the caption file to export it, it only exports part of it, and not the full caption file, independently of where my in and out is.

Please help!! It would be way too time-consuming to manually re-create the .srt file.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for the answer to a similar problem... as the pr treat the *.srt file same way as the video...actually it should not be treated as the same way.  when you cut the srt file, which is in the timeline, into 2 part, and move it, actually those 2 is the "same one",,, you can try to move one part to another track, and extend the cut place, you will see the hide side...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wassup,

Captions in PPro are a pain in te ass.

What I do when I want my chopped captions in 1 file, is moving them to 1 video layer and then nesting them all togheter.

When you render the nested sequence as an .srt, they all come togheter again with the right timecode.

(You nest a sequence by selecting all the files you want nested, right click, select Nest, and voila)

Let me know if this fixes your problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was an old thread. The nesting method will work for burning in. It is possible to get a combined .srt, as long as all the captions are on one track. Select the SEQUENCE in the Project Panel, and File -> Export -> Caption.

Adobe is reworking the caption workflow in the Public Beta, but it is not ready for primetime yet.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines