Highlighted

Default Still Image Duration

New Here ,
May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-05-14 11.06.01.png

Can anyone tell me how to set a default still image duration in Adobe Premiere CC? Every resource points me to here but there is no option for it

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg_The_Dog | Adobe Community Professional

In the latest version of Premiere Pro:

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 8.23.05 AM.png

MtD

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Default Still Image Duration

New Here ,
May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-05-14 11.06.01.png

Can anyone tell me how to set a default still image duration in Adobe Premiere CC? Every resource points me to here but there is no option for it

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg_The_Dog | Adobe Community Professional

MtD

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks so much.  With a little more looking around I ended up finding it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIGGEST problem with this seems to be that it is only applied to still images imported into the project AFTER you've made this change to the duration. If you imported an image into the project, without placing it on the timeline, and then change the duration before you put it on the timeline... it won't affect that image. I changed my duration to 1 frame, and the images I imported before that change still go on the timeline at 5 seconds/still. It's a very stupid way of handling it when you're working on multiple machines and importing tens of thousands of images. It's very frustrating. We should be able to change the duration, and drag any still at any time onto the timeline and have it adjust the still to that duration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the stills in Bin
  2. Right click and select "Speed/Duration"
  3. Set duration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RuneKarlsen's solution works best.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help wondering what project you're working on that requires tens of thousands of images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timelaps?

But an image sequence would imo be a better solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good answer, yeah it could be that.

I work in animation it sounded like a lot, even for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
misijoon LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set the default still image to one frame? When I attempt this it changes it to two. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines