Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drone Footage Stuttering after export

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

So I'm pretty new to premiere pro and I'm having some issues with footage after export...

I originally exported a 3840 × 2160 version of the attached video and it works perfectly. The version now attached to this thread is the same sequence but resized to 1920 x 1080 (for instagram stories) - after exporting, all of my DSLR footage (24fps & 60fps) is fine, but my drone footage at the end of the clip is stuttering - is anyone able to let me know why that may be?

Apologies if more information is needed - just let me know what you would need...

Thanks!

James

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey James,

Not sure if you got this fixed but I had a similar problem with my h265 drone footage stuttering.

Go into media encoder preferences>general and under "premiere pro" uncheck the box that says "import sequences natively"

That fixed the problem for me. Otherwise contact the online chat support. I had to wait an hour but got it fixed in the end.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J,

H.265 files are pretty difficult to playback unless you have a powerful computer. Do you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same issue just now, and I found a way to fix it. (I am using iMac so this is the way that worked for me)

Go to your drone footage > Right click > Encode selected file > Choose Apple ProRez > Press continue and wait for the new copy of your footage to load. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 11.59.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 12.00.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: Drone Footage Stuttering after export

I was facing the Same issue, was searching all internet but couldn't find any help. Then i  saw a blog and found a solution which is very very easy. 
Just Download the Adobe Media Encoder and Export the video via Queue to MediaEncoder it will fix the problem. it work for me. 

Don't need to change anything or any Codec just use Media Encoder. Thats it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this works! I was having trouble with footage from my Mavic Air 2s. My editing machine is top end and the footage stuttered in playback and in the export. Exporting via media encoder fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you render the clip before export? Render the clip and the export try this its might be work.

thanks,

Suraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there @jamesy78931652 ,

I'm a bit late to the party, but since I didn't find anyone here resolving the issue for you, I thought I'd jump in:

While there's a chance that there's different possible reasons as to why your footage is lagging / stuttering, just from looking at it, I think the most likely explanation is, that this is, because the bitrate of your exported file is too low or at the very least suboptimally set.

I recommend that when reviewing your export settings under export, go to the video tab, scroll down to bitrate settings and select VBR2 pass in the dropdown menu, which is short for "variable bitrate".

Then set the minimum bitrate to a desired value. This number will be different, depending on your used gear, framerate, resolution, where you intend to upload / what purpose you use this video for (research the optimal settings for the given platform / medium).

Set the maximum bitrate to something significantly higher. Now I know this sounds very wishy washy, but sadly there's no one size fits all magic number - as again this depends on factors like above, which will result in different numbers.

However, as a guideline and to get you started I'll throw in a little chart (below) to give you an idea of what bitrate to use:

Type Video Bitrate, Standard Frame Rate (24, 25, 30) Video Bitrate, High Frame Rate (48, 50, 60)
2160p (4K)44–56 Mbps66–85 Mbps
1440p (2K)20 Mbps30 Mbps
1080p10 Mbps15 Mbps
720p6.5 Mbps9.5 Mbps

This can be used to reference your minimum bitrate. 

Your maximum bitrate should be set to something like 3x that number. Why?

Here comes the final sauce: depending on the type of shot that you've filmed, effects applied etc. a higher bitrate will be required to display some frames of your footage smoothly. VBR2 pass allows your Premiere to adjust the bitrate when a higher number is required to do exactly that, simply put.

Finally it's important to realize that the higher your bitrate - the larger your file size will be.*

This is why you want to set 2 numbers. The lower one will tend to affect the majority of your footage, while the larger one will be used to jack up the bitrate for the neccesary duration to display your footage smoothly. This is the compromise between large file size and optimal quality looking footage.

Apps like Youtube, Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook often require significantly lower bitrates to be uploaded to begin with, and also have their own compression algorithms going - so in case you want to upload there I recommend always check and stay updated on changes as to what the optimal settings are.

Hope this helped,

Cheers

-------------------------------

*Footnote:

(As far as I can tell that is the only variable affecting the size of your file - not even resolution. - Please - anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just what I've experienced inside Premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines