Highlighted

Error code: -1609629695 PREMIERE AND MEDIA ENCODER WON'T RENDER

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Premiere and Media Encoder have been giving me a lot of trouble lately, both returning the same error code.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

wtf.PNG

My sequence is a 4K 24p created directly from the "New Sequence from clip" feature. I heavily used Warp Stabilizer and Lumetri Color. I've disable the stabilizer, yet it still crashes when I'm trying to work on color grading.

Here are my computer specs:

i5-6600K

GTX 960 3GB VRAM

16GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10

OS on an SSD, everything else on separate HDDs.

Can someone please help me identify the source of my problem? And let me know if you need more information about my project sequence or anything!

Thank you in advance! : )

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Ok ... first question ... is this the same on different projects, or have you only been working the one project?

If only on this project, create a new project, via the Media Browser panel import a few assets, and test there. If on multiple projects created in this version of PrPro, well ... skip that.

Next, what's the media involved in your projects? Frame-size/rate and created by what ... camera, phone/device, screen-capture?

And last ... do you have the same problem if you go into the project settings and set Mercury Acceleration to "Software Only"?

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error code: -1609629695 PREMIERE AND MEDIA ENCODER WON'T RENDER

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Premiere and Media Encoder have been giving me a lot of trouble lately, both returning the same error code.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

wtf.PNG

My sequence is a 4K 24p created directly from the "New Sequence from clip" feature. I heavily used Warp Stabilizer and Lumetri Color. I've disable the stabilizer, yet it still crashes when I'm trying to work on color grading.

Here are my computer specs:

i5-6600K

GTX 960 3GB VRAM

16GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10

OS on an SSD, everything else on separate HDDs.

Can someone please help me identify the source of my problem? And let me know if you need more information about my project sequence or anything!

Thank you in advance! : )

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Ok ... first question ... is this the same on different projects, or have you only been working the one project?

If only on this project, create a new project, via the Media Browser panel import a few assets, and test there. If on multiple projects created in this version of PrPro, well ... skip that.

Next, what's the media involved in your projects? Frame-size/rate and created by what ... camera, phone/device, screen-capture?

And last ... do you have the same problem if you go into the project settings and set Mercury Acceleration to "Software Only"?

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

It's all the same project, I've imported my Premiere project into AE for further editing and met with the error when I tried to export out with AME. I've done this all before, the problem has just shown up now.

I also get this issue when I try to render previews in Premiere, but it only seems to happen with clips that have Lumetri Color and Stabilizer stacked.

I use a Panasonic GH5, shooting 3840x2160 UHD 4K. I shoot in 8 and 10-bit 60fps and 24fps respectively. I haven't tried the software only—I'll give that a shot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, I exported it using software only, and it worked!

Thanks so much for your help, cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found it to be a corrupt .png file that had some motion and a mask on it.  I deleted it, brought a new one in. Created a new comp, replacing the old with the new and it rendered fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue periodically over the last while -

Originally, this was happening to me when I used LUTS that i had made myself, and imported into Premiere. This was fixed, when I exported my colour settings as a Premiere LUT. I now use Premiere LUTS that I made myself, and have been for about a year.

As of this week, (premiere was recently updated to Version 12.1.2 Build 69 ) I've been getting the error code again. My issue isn't with rendering or exporting (for now, it was in the past), it's that random clips in the timeline will go blank until I remove effects, and reapply them again. Issue temporarily resolves if I restart Premiere, but doesn't fix it. Creating a new project and importing the sequence does not change anything either. Switching to software rendering gives me the lovely red and white checkerboard, instead of just blank clips. What's very weird is that I exported this project, and have now gone back to it to make changes, and these errors are suddenly all over my timeline.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a frustrating issue, and what you're getting is just ... weird. Wow!

File this over on the UserVoice system, where they track (and now often even respond!) to bugs ... it's vastly improved.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature Request service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update,

Now, if I have a clip selected in my timeline, and just click in to the Lumetri module, the clip disappears. But it's not every clip, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. If I remove all effects, it returns - but if I simply just click to adust exposure (no LUTS or other effects at all) it goes blank in the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... wow ... that's so unique I've never heard of that behavior before. An engineer approach might be to say you should feel special as he/she sits down to examine this.

Most editors would prefer to deal rather harshly with such thoughts however.

Kevin-Monahan  ... assistance please?

And I do hope you update your UserVoice filing with this information. This is so bizarre, want this puzzled out.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
Dat13 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the solution! It has to do with GPU. You must change in File->Project Settings->General->Renderer to ...Software only, next delete preview files in a project folder and here you go!

https://youtu.be/dB5SJEH3mlY

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/kylerholland/ ▶ Check out my gear on Kit: https://kit.com/kylerholland | -MY GEAR- | Main Camera: Panasonic...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0