• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path HTML5 .mp4

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally decided to dump flash (via Flowplayer) and give HTML5 a shot. I got audio working on my first try. I am getting Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path

I added the .mp4 mime type in IIS. I had a different error, prior to that update. My video file plays great using any player. Perhaps, my export setting are wrong for HTML5. I used the H.264 and default setting. I looked for exporting via .ogg and webm, but that does not seem to be an option in Premier Pro CC 2017.

I am certain that the path is correct. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default Match Source - High bitrate preset works fine with the <video> tag in Firefox, Chrome, Opera and IE.

The video file needs to be in the same folder on your server as the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks for the input. I managed to get many videos to stream with a little effort. I did not have to use the root folder of the invoking .html pages. I put the videos on the root IIS folder in a new folder called Videos. The file path is not the issue in this thread. Seems like these 3 rouge videos that play but will not stream from my server were rendered via Premier CC2015. Perhaps, this flaw has since been fixed.

I rendered some new videos using Premier CC2017 and they all play and stream well with code in the root folder and video files in the Video folder. However, three of my old (CC2015) videos will not stream. I uploaded these videos over a year ago and they play fine. They will not stream, however?!!. I downloaded these same 3 videos from YouTube and now the downloaded instance will stream. Somehow YouTube is correcting the flaw introduced by Premier 2015. Go figure.

Here is my page. My ISP is inconsistent. You may need to buffer a bit prior to playing for smooth playback. These are music videos, so I am attempting the highest quality audio at 48K.

http://www.jamlab.us/JL_DC.htm

Have patience. This is an open source recording project. If you play, modify some of our tracks and submit your new version to share...

Peace,

KA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which ones aren't playing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, At least three of my videos will play but not stream. I had uploaded these three to YouTube, where they play fine. I can then download the same three from YouTube and now they will stream, but the original uploaded file still will not stream. In all cases these videos will play using any player application. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but...which ones?  Let me test the ones you can't get to stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I will post a player pointing to the original file sent to YouTube. I'll ping the board afterwards. One interesting note, the post YouTube version is much smaller. Guess they transcoded to be more bandwidth friendly to save on drive space. My goal is to provide the original quality such that the audio is pristine.

Later....KA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I'm looking for is to know which videos on the site you linked to are having trouble?  I'll test them here, as they currently exist on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines