• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Questions

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finished or I should say completed my 1st project and attempted to export it and no surprise I ran into issues.  The export seemed to work but seemed confusing on what the software was doing and so no tutorial really shows what is going on.  Here are the issues:

• named my project and selected a location to save it in but the software seems to detect the name of the 1st clip in the project not the name I gave the project
  • when I finally figured out the export was actually running it took roughly 2+ hours to execute
  • when nearly complete like 97% a message came up and said that Pr crashed and stopped the export and then a message came up to report the problem to adobe so they can troubleshoot the issue for which I gave the prompts the answers it needed
  • apparently even though it crashed it still saved 97% of the project export in the folder I wanted it saved in
  • I was at least able to watch the project to the point when the crash occurred
  • I noticed my drone, cell phone videos looked good as well as all the stills
  • what didn't look great were go-pro videos that we sized like a thumbnail so what is the issue there????
  • I'm going to try another export and hopefully some folks will be able to provide some insight on the headaches in the meantime

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots of your sequence settings, output settings and media properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

Attached is what I suppose is the output for the encoding. The 2nd

attachment is the result of encoding again today. It seems to have gotten

to 100% but has sat there for over an hour at 100% have a feeling that is

not very good. In my folder i selected I see a new icon for this export

but when I open it and kinda freaks out and acts weird so I closed it. I

can't get to my source for the frame rates of my clips until I figure out

what is going on. So if I cancel i'll assume i'll lose the export and

exiting will do the same thing correct or do i need to give it more time?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

top is the go-pro video info

middle from cell-phone galaxy7s

bottom is from drone DJI mavic air samsung galaxy 7s

I sent the output already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no screenshots attached. You can't send them to the forum using email.

See here:

post a screenshot to the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?? [...] is there not anything that requires a minutia of headaches to

getting simple answers.  Every day i question my time versus the value of

this software and what i get out of it.

[Moderator note: while frustrations are part of any NLE, please do not use profanity in these public forums.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello moderator don't go telling me about NLE.  Who do you think you are?  Your tout a product myself and 3 others (we all signed up at the same time) expect this product to deliver for others to learn and show results.  I've learned more from free youtube about this software suite than through any offering given by Adobe.  You read the comments on several YouTube tutorials and the theme is the same "learned more in 30-60 minutes than through any video or forum information through the Adobe/Pr-web-site.  I pay a fee to have Adobe teach as well see positive results and that is my expectation and my singular word isn't an expletive.  According to Oxford dictionary defined as "Used to express anger or frustration"and not profanity according to the FCC.  Grow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of this is just learning how the app works. As project names rarely have anything to do with chosen export names, the export dialog takes an 'assumed' name from the first clip. As it always has. One of the first things to learn is how to export, and that always starts with how to name and set the location of the export. For best operation of the hardware, for years it has been advised to have exports be made to a different drive than the project files or media. But really, you need to set that yourself.

You mention using a mix of drone, cellphone and stills. Drones and phones create media in what is called long-GOP form. Rather than saving the media to storage as individual frames, there's a specialized chip that breaks the images into parts and decides when to store a highly-compressed but complete frame called an i-frame, and when to simply store matrixed data sets of the pixels that have changed since the previous i-frame or will change before the next i-frame ... or both. These are called p and b 'frames'.

For playback and for export, the computer has to call up an i-frame and decompress it, store to RAM ... call up the next frame's data-set, recall the stored previous frame, compute the new frame from the old frame's pixels plus the replacement pixels, store to RAM ... rinse & repeat. Incredibly CPU intensive process.

So, even powerful machines can take quite some time to export from (and to!) long-GOP H.264 media.

Now ... phone media adds another challenge. Nearly all phone media doesn't even have a set frame-rate, it's variable frame rate media ... VFR. To cut down data recorded to disc, if the phone sees not much motion it will record fewer frames per second than it is set for. And for a few frames, may record even more fps than the setting you chose. Until recently, PrPro wouldn't even work with any VFR media on a timeline, we had to transcode and convert such media via Handbrake before importing.

When you bring VFR media into PrPro now, I do recommend selecting all the VFR media in a bin, right-click and modify/interpret footage as ... and setting the assumed framerate to the setting you had in the phone. Do that before putting a clip on a sequence, as changes in the bins only apply to media before it's used on a sequence. Once on a sequence, you need to select the clip individually and change the assumed FPS.

If you show your screen-grabs as PeruBob requested, we can offer other suggestions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Apparently my 2nd attempt got to 100% but seems to

be doing nothing else. Been that way for over an hour.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:33 PM R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can make a screen grab, a png or jpg, and drag and drop it into your reply box, we could see it here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you go maybe I'll actually get some real answers.

Thank you,.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:27 PM R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ivanb81780302  wrote

There you go maybe I'll actually get some real answers.

If you posted screenshots, I don't see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines