• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video larger than source size

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a 45 min video that I recorded on OBS, it was about 900MB when it was recorded, but when I stuck it into premiere pro and did some basic cuts, and exported it as a 40 min video, using H264 and high bitrate - match source, the result was a 2GB video that I cannot easily upload, so is there a certain setting that I can set when exporting that will make the video smaller? It doesn't make sense that a shorter video could have a bigger size that the original. 

By the way, I'm on windows 10 pro, using adobe premiere pro 2018

and no, I am NOT upgrading

Thanks in advance for the help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Actually, I found messing with premiere export settings was going to make the video quality trash, but handbrake lowers the size and retains the quality. I could use media encoder, but handbrake is much more efficient, so it's fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I found messing with premiere export settings was going to make the video quality trash, but handbrake lowers the size and retains the quality. I could use media encoder, but handbrake is much more efficient, so it's fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use HandBrake all the time.  It greatly reduces the file size without loss of quality.  It is free!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines