• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Video Issues With a 10 Hour Video

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started a relaxation and meditation YouTube channel, and I want to post 10 hour looped videos on there. I've tried numerous times, and I'm having issues exporting a video this long. It runs through the entire process and I don't get an error, but when I go to play the file it is unplayable. The size of the file is also 1KB, which is obviously not correct.

The format I'm selecting is H.264. Preset is YouTube 1080p Full HD. I've also tried the Match Source - High Bitrate preset with no luck.

I have taken this same production and created both a 1 hour video and 4 hour video that were both successful. I also tried an 8 hour video, which is having the same issue as the 10 hour video, so it does appear to be an issue with longer videos.

Can someone please help me with this issue? Maybe I need to select a different format, change a setting, etc. I also tried the Windows Media format, but that was taking way too long.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Turn off hardware encoding and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the estimated file size? Do you have enough disk space to support a file that long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. A message pops up if you don't have enough disk space. I had around 100GB free when I ran the process. Not sure what the estimated file size would be, but I don't believe it's 100GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot export setting with left tab to output with an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware encoding and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That appears to have worked! Took about double time (5 hours) to export the video, but that's ok. Thanks so much for your help. I was running out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, is not clear for me what and where is hardware encoding! Please could explain me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for butting in. I'm old and ex film worker and sorta know some stuff re: media.

but I'm an idiot so take with grain of salt.

If I watched someone in lotus position for 10 hours and it looped, I would go into a coma.

You might wanna have a link in youtube video to " how to rescue comatose audience' as a shorter project it would be nice. Just say how to call 911 emergency service and so on. maybe medivac since snow outside indicates travel on roads might be slow.

picture is really pretty but 10 hours is stretching human endurance I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody actually sits there an watches a video for 10 hours. There is a gigantic population of people that require white noise to fall asleep, like rain, or ocean waves. They will put it on while they sleep. Videos like this gets millions of views and succesful channels that post these videos make thousands of dollars a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines