• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Everything you need to know about GPU use in Premiere Pro

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro, the GPU can be used to process multiple things like GPU accelerated effects, image processing, playback and lot more.

Certain Intel GPUs are also used to process h.264/HEVC codecs faster using the Hardware-accelerated Encoding/Decoding. This video explains that process:

• Often we have a lot of questions of about the GPU and GPU utilization like
    • What is processed by the GPU Accelerated renderer?
    • What are the system requirements for GPU Accelerated renderer to work?
    • How to enable Mercury Playback Engine (GPU Accelerated) renderer?
    • Why am I seeing activity on the integrated Intel® GPU and not the dedicated GPU?
    • Why is my GPU utilization low?
    • To get the answer to all these questions please refer to this article.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything needs to be teaked to perfection.. It is best to monitor your system with MS task manager utility. 

https://youtu.be/Q-fpynuJCwQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Andy. I also placed your most recent video into the FAQ. Keep up the good work for the community, it is appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like creating demonstrations videos to help inform people. That being said below is my latest Premiere Pro video. Some one posted Premiere Pro was using Open GL for Previews but switched to Direct X for previews. I am not sure if the is true but the video below might be interesting because Premeire Pro's realtime performance is not as good as it used to be. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyFu9vhOuHI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to vary so much by user. My results on both a 3-year old Acer Triton laptop and a new-ish Rzyen 24-core 3960X are the 22.x Premiere builds scream. Best performance I've ever had, Red, S-log, A7, BRAW, standard mov.

We're all only one user, but that's my setup.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines