Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to render a video and getting

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

I'm not doing anything fancy - no effects layers, Lumetri stuff, etc.

I saw this bug reported back in 2018 https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/gpu-render-error-unable-to-preces-frame/td-p/9984908?pag...

...and the proposed solution was to turn off Layers Opacity Keyframing.  I don't know what that is or where to find it and when I try to search for it on the web I get full-blown tutorials with those words in them, but short of watch a zillion tutorials because one might tell me where that it, is there a reference manual for Premiere Pro so I can actually look up where that feature is found?

Windows 10, Lenovo Thinkstation, NVIDIA RTX-4000.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP here . . .    For some reason the "More" link doesn't rtesolve to an Edit option like it normally does but I justed wanted to add:

this is Premiere Pro 14.3.2

...also I did a web search and this bug has been getting preported AT LEAST as far back as 2017!   I can't believe that Adobe would leave a show-stopper bug like this in monthly-subscription paid, professional tool for so long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry about this. This is a pretty common and generic error. We need more info, please. Tell us about your media and the camera you used. Please also tell us about the length of your sequence and the video effects you used, if any. You can also inspect the location of the error at the timecode value and see what is going on there. No effects at all, you say. Are you scaling or anything? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's video content that I downloaded from the web and I'm compositing together, so I have no idea about the source, but from the quality I suspect it's mostly shot with cellphones.   It's not for publication so I'm not worried about copyright -  the whole purpose of this exercise was to test out my new PC with a fresh installation of Premiere Pro.   The total sequence is 18 minutes long and is comprised of about a dozen clips.  There are literally no effects; no scaling, no color or contrast or sharpening or LUTs or stretching or scaling or anything.   I just took some clips, edited out the boring parts, butted them next to each other with the default transition and overlaid it with an audio track.  

The crash is happening where the first two clips butt together.  I know that butting two clips together is not the preferred way to do it as opposed to nesting them or overlapping them on separate video tracks but I've never had it produce a crash before. 

N.B.  During the last hour I've started a whole new project where I'm trying to recreate the same sequence manually, editing out the boring parts, and butting them together on the same video track with the default transition; every time I add or edit a new clip I re-render it.   So far no crashes even though I've already added the clips that crashed in the original.   Since I'm doing this slowly and meticulously I have many more hours of work ahead of me, but even if I get to the end with no crashes this is still unacceptable to have something that crashes randomly with no clear reason or confidence that it won't happen in my next project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines