• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green lines across Program and Source monitors

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. A few days ago I opened a Pr project to find green stripes across both my Program and Source windows (note how they appear in the Program monitor even when no footage is selected):

Premiere green lines (no footage).png

Thanks to this thread, I isolated the problem to my Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics driver - the green lines appeared when I updated to the newest driver version (27.20.100.8280). When I rolled back to the previous version (27.20.100.8190), the lines disappeared.

The problem is that, with the older graphics driver, I get some highly concerning display glitching with my computer in general:

So now I'm stuck between two unusable situations: green lines over my footage with the new graphics driver, and full-screen display glitching with the old one.

Things I've already tried to cure the green lines (besides the graphics driver shenanigans):

• Updating Premiere to 14.3
  • Rolling back Premiere to 14.2, 14.1, and 14.0
  • Switching between GPU Acceleration (Open CL) and Software Only rendering in Project Settings
  • Deleting my Media Cache
  • Creating a new Pr project
  • Opening an old Pr project
  • Importing different types of footage (mp4, mov)
  • Restarting my computer

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deus_ex_felis.

From the AE forum:
"I fixed it by downgrading my Intel graphics drivers from version 
27.20.100.8280 to version 27.20.100.8190." They are not experiencing your issue when switching, however.

Hope we can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for the response - when you say beta version, do you mean Premiere Pro 14.3.1? How can I download this?

EDIT: Found it under Beta Apps in the CC Desktop app. Downloading now.

EDIT 2: The green lines persist in the Pr Beta (14.3.1).

Pr beta 14.3.1 green lines.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: downgrading the graphics drivers - yes, unfortunately due to the severe screen glitching I get when I rollback my drivers to 27.20.100.8190, that is not a viable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping you were able to resolve this issue - have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, and as much as it's said that it's not an Adobe issue,

1) How come this problem only happens when we're using PR?

2) How come different GPUs produce the same glitch? (mine is Intel 520, I've already read the same about 620, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for me was to roll back my Intel driver all the way to the February release, 26.20.100.7870. This fixed the green lines issue and so far hasn't caused the screen glitching issue.

Hopefully future versions of either Premiere or Intel will fix it so we don't have to use six month old drivers, but at least it's working for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi deus_ex_felix,

I actually managed to fix it this afternoon with no need to downgrade the driver.

I uninstalled my driver and installed the latest Intel driver instead. I guess that's the Beta people were referring to.

I founf it here.

Works amazingly, it even solved a problem I was having with some fonts that took forwver to edit, and the image on my computer is so bright and crisp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines