• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! adobe premiere pro cc 2020 error= a low level exception occurred in: adobe player (Player:11)

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe premiere pro cc 2020 error= a low level exception occurred in: adobe player (Player:11)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Running on a 2017 Mac, Mojave. Didn't run any updates or change anything, this just started happening. None of the fixes I've tried so far are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. :-(( Tried every solution offered on the internet, youtube, forums, groups, Adobe Tech support, no luck. Loosing time, can't edit. Please, Adobe, FIX this already!!! So frustrating...

I will post if I find the solution.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LindsayM, I am so, so, sorry for this. How frustrating! The engineering staff does know about the issue and is working on a fix ASAP. Please help the community by upvoting the bug here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

That would help bump up the priority on the fix, I think. I'll continue to push for a fix ASAP for you. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on 2 different computers when trying to shuttle through the video! Fix it Adobe

Also have similar error but with (player:60) when trying to playback the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In The Now - I am so sorry for this. Can you please help out the community by upvoting the bug? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

That would help get more attention to the issue and could help the team prioritize the fix. I will advocate for this fix in the meantime.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's a bug. Can you upvote here? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

The team does know about the issue and is working on a fix to be released ASAP. That said, I would still upvote. Please do so. I will advocate for the fix on your behalf. I apologize about this situation and sorry for any workarounds you have to go through.

If I were in this predicament, I would consider transcoding to a better format for editing performance on ingest until the fix is released. I realize this may not be a viable solution for everyone. Sorry.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problems and am not able to make any edits on a quick turnaround project. Please fix this soon, Adobe!

Specs:

Mac - Mojave 10.14.6

3 GHz Intel Zeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and it was driving me insane. I ran into this workaround that allows you to downgrade a project to (in this case) 2019 and it seems to work perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ecJNJsnn8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, I did find a way to downgrade and now I keep working with the 2019 version and it’s running nicely. That’s a shame we can’t use the latest version. Cheers!

Eduardo Appel
www.eduappel.com.br
+55 47 9229 9195

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - happens almost always immediately upon playing back Quicktime .mov files. Always immediately when playing them back at anything other than 1x normal speed (fwd or rev).

On iMac 5K, late 2014, 4 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 4GB graphics and running Mojave 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an effective workaround / solution.

It's a bit of a headache, but all you need to do is transcode the footage to a non-compressed format. This will yield much larger files but resolve your problems, and I believe it's a best practices thing to do anyway (see below for more thoughts).
I'm working on a 1080p 30fps project now that was filmed in MPEG4 / h.264. It's a .mov container, but that format can be found in a few containers, including .mov, .mpg, .avi, and .h264. 

FIRST!
Change your sequence format (this will make rendered sequence previews not crash Premiere)
1. Right click on the sequence in the bin and select Sequence Settings.
2. In Video Previews
    A. Preview File Format: Quicktime
    B. Codec: ProRes 422 LT (more on that below)
    C. Press OK and OK to the prompt.

Transcoding can be done in two main ways.
1. Using Adobe Media Encoder (my suggestion).
2. Using Create Proxies in Premiere (make SURE you select an uncompressed format if you go this route).
    Note: I don't advise this route because it won't change your source media and I feel like you may run into other issues because this is a Premiere level incompatibility (see below for more thoughts on that).

Instructions:
1. Import ALL of your compressed media from your project into Adobe Media Encoder.
    A. Select all in the queue.
    B. Click any of the Preset settings - middle blue text column in queue.
    C. Click okay to the prompt.
    D. Choose the following settings
         Export Settings
            Format: Quicktime
            Preset: Apple ProRes 422 LT - *1 (No need for 444 color in like 99% of projects, but if you're not sure figure out what camera it was filmed with and if it films in 444 color space, if you don't know it's almost definitely 422 or below)
         Video (all settings in here should be left to match source)
      Use Maximum Render Quality (CHECK)
    E. Press Okay
    F. With everything still selected click any of the blue text in the Output File column in Queue - right blue text.
    G. Create a NEW folder and aim your footage to that (I name it Decompressed), and make SURE you remove the "_1" after the file name.
    H. Click OK then click Render (top right play button in the Queue window).
    F. Go treat yourself to a snack or maybe even step outside and look for a bright round object in the sky, I've heard about it but never seen it ... what's it called, oh yeah, "sun."    
2. Replace footage in Premiere.
    A. Select ALL the footage you've recompressed.
    B. Right click and select Make Offline (DO NOT delete the originals)
    C. On the still selected footage right click and select Link Media.
    D. On the bottom right corner click Locate and navigate to your Decompressed folder (check Display Only Exact Name Matches to make your life easier). Then select the matching file name and press OK. Premiere will reconnect everything automatically.
       NOTE: You might need to deselect File Extension from the Match File Properties if you're not seeing your footage here.
    F. CONFIRM your work by selecting any of the replaced footage and right clicking on it and selecting Properties. The second line should now read Type: Quicktime Movie - not MPEG movie. If it reads MPEG movie then you've accidentally reselected your original footage or made another mistake first try unlinking and reconnecting.
And you're done! Good job - you definitely deserve cake.

Best practices:
In general it is best practice to work in uncompressed formats, I have seen a host of random problems caused by working in compressed formats. A super brief synopsis as to why is because MPEG uses reference frames and instructions to direct how each pixel has changed after, this can mean for every 30+ frames there's only 1 actual picture that is being used and the rest is instructions on how that picture changed. This is perfectly fine for watching videos, but it yields problems when you're in an editor and you're working with fabricated frames, therefore it's best to have them in an uncompressed format that'll have one-for-one frame accuracy and no fabricated frames.

Suspected cause:
I suspect strongly it has to do with Premiere's new reliance on Intel's integrated graphics (I know this because on my other machine it complained about integrated graphics needing to be updated). Most graphics cards come with a built in MPEG decoder, this is great for many things, but it causes weird problems in editing programs. Even when you direct Premiere to use your dedicated graphics card it will often put a huge load on the Intel integrated graphics card, I wish there was some program level way to force it to use it as using the Nvidia control panel and even right clicking on the program and telling it to use the main graphics card doesn't work.

Final thoughts: Adobe, I'm super glad you're innovating and trying to make things better for us. I know you're striving to make things faster by relying on hardware acceleration and that's great. But you can't count on that working for EVERY variation of computer, so a little more user control would be super helpful, like the ability to turn off Intel integrated graphics reliance from the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It's early days yet, but it appears that the recently released 14.0.1 patch has fixed the problem for me!

Hopefully this works for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Before they fix it (Adobe claim they fix the issue in the beta version, but we all know what their "fix" is)

People who have the same problem can try to change your premiere version.

I choose back to 14.0, and the problem solved so far.

or just change a software

Thank you adobe, I waste lot of time to save my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the beta has a proper fix. It is disappointing that they shipped a version with such a glaring bug, even more so due to auto update by default, but just hold off until 14.2 comes out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Low-level exception!

Is there a fix for this or not. Really getting frustarted with Adobe!!!!!

I can't open anything and have multle projects - of course on extreme deadline!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines