• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create multiple titles at once from a long list?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm producing a virtual graduation for our college, and there are over 2,000 graduate names which I have in an Excel list, which each need to be turned into a title that will be paired with audio of the name being said. I know I can create a new title based on an existing title, but do I really have to create each of these name titles one at a time? Is there a way to import my list of 2,000 names and convert them into individual titles with matching size and font? Or is there another way I could accomplish this faster in the Adobe suite? If not, this is going to be incredibly time consuming. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Ooh nevermind, I think I just found a video tutorial here!:  https://youtu.be/DftAUHgalkM 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sky,

Sorry, there's no easy way to accomplish creation of a batch of titles from a spreadsheet. There's probably a way to create a data driven .mogrt, though. I have seen one for rolling credits, but one could be created with a drop down list of all the entries so you could create individual titles very quickly via .mogrts. This wouldn't take too long to build out.

Let me ask around a bit to see if alternate methods might be used for what you want to accomplish. As an alternative, I would look into batch actions or scripting in Photoshop. I have heard of using Legacy Titler too, but you may have to have an older version of Premiere Pro onhand to make that work.

Hope others may have some ideas here. Good luck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen plugins for AfterEffects that can work from spreadsheets, check over at AE Scripts ...that would be the main way to do this sort of mass event.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try this with After Effects using a script to pull in the text. I might even do the timing there.

See the link in this thread for an idea. The method there was for importing .srt captions, but you are just going to create a text file from the excel list.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/generating-quot-automatic-quot-subtitles-from-a-pdf-or-s...

Neil's link to AEScripts may get you a better option.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to do it from a spreadsheet, but it involves Photoshop. See:

Spreadsheets to Lower Thirds - PremierePro.net

I have done it many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I've been through Jarle's most excellent PrPro manual ... the only one I know of! ... so many times I should have remembered that is covered. And also covered directly on his webpage.

Good catch to point this out. And ... yes, well worth every penny and more ... his massive tome on using Premiere Pro:

The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cvid01, thank you for the response! However, when I try to access that tutorial, it says the chapter is now obsolete and leads me to a page where I would have to purchase the "Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro" book... though I'm not actually sure if the book still includes this lesson in spreadsheets to lower 3rds. https://premierepro.net/coolstuff/chapters/ 

Could you possibly provide me with the basic instructions here, or a link to where I might find the instructions? Or if I must purchase the book, maybe let me know if this tutorial is actuall in it. Thanks again!

~Sky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh nevermind, I think I just found a video tutorial here!:  https://youtu.be/DftAUHgalkM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines