Highlighted

How to add black space to the beginning of a video sequence?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How do I add black space to the very beginning of my video sequence, Premiere Pro 2017?  I want to add an initial title, but not over the footage and can't seem to find any tutorials that cover this.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to add black space to the beginning of a video sequence?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How do I add black space to the very beginning of my video sequence, Premiere Pro 2017?  I want to add an initial title, but not over the footage and can't seem to find any tutorials that cover this.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the New Item icon in the Project Panel.and choose Black Video. Then place the Black Video on the timeline in front of your video.  Place your title on a track above the Black Video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I can't seem to move my video sequence to the right to make space
for adding the black video. I'm sure this is some simple thing.

Do you know how to shift the existing sequence over?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess Peru Bob's having dinner.  I've already eaten.  If you load black in the source monitor, mark a 5 second section (if you want a 5 second title) put the playhead at the beginning of the timeline, clear in and out in the timeline and do an insert edit (you can drag from the source monitor to the program monitor to the "insert" area...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have created some black video, holding Control while draginng the black video to the timeline, inserts the clip (in this case, the black video) and automatically shifts everything to the right to make space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess Peru Bob's having dinner. 

Actually, I check the forums while I eat dinner. icon_biggrin.gif  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do also sometimes which explains the state of my keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. thank you so much. I'll try this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
amyrags LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Okay between you and Peru Bob I think this will work! Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or make the timeline active and select all and the hit +5.00. if you want to add a 5 second title.  that will add 5 seconds of black at the beginning.  the only issue with this is if you export with a format that preserves transparency in which case you'll have the title over emptiness...  but most "distribution" formats do not support transparency (also known as an alpha channel).  If you're worried about that, just do as Peru Bob says.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0