How to change a picture's width/height by specific pixels instead of Scale Percent?

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm learning Premiere Pro and transitioning from Camtasia Studio. I've come to a stop and need help.

I have a picture in Premiere Pro that I need to set to a specific width and height. My sequence is 1920x1080 and the picture needs to be set to 600x400 pixels and aligned in the centre.

The Effects controls allows me to change the size by using the Scale value, which is only percents. How can I scale the picture to a specific pixel value?

I tried adding the 'Transform' Effect onto the image to have more control but there's no pixel value to set there either. 

Appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on the Ruler and/or Guide Lines using the Wrench icon to lower right of Program Monitor.

Then for the picture you can uncheck Uniform Scale and set the Anchor point to 0, 0

Then do the sizing in the program monitor.

MyerPj_0-1601006269010.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I did what you said but when I drag the handles to scale the picture, the lower and right side scale handles don't snap to the guides. Is there a way to make this precise?

1.jpg 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, under the VIEW menu, you can:

A) Lock Guides - so they stay where you set them.

B) Turn on - Snap in Program Monitor

That should get you there, let me know how that works...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Snap was on since the beginning. I locked the guides but still can't snap the edges to them. Made a gif to show the problem. I hope it's clearer.

1.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MyerPj LATEST
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do see that, Strange it snaps to the edges when you are moving the image around, but not when resizing?

I'm thinking of another way also... create a 600x400 sequence and drop your clips into it. Then you can use that sequence in the edit. You can have just one, and drop in all the clips and just set edit points on that sequence in the main sequence. Or have a bunch of sequences @ 600x400. And just use those into the main sequence. Finally, you might be better off since they seem to be just pictures to simply editing them in Photoshop or any editor and make the size you want. Then bring them into PP like that - and with that, you can make a more extensive grid guide and snap the pictures to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines