Highlighted

How to remove all transitions?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the automate to sequence with default transition. A few dozens of transitions were added to the sequence.
How to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence and starting from scratch please?

Thanks in advance.
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional
Shift+select them and delete them.

/Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to remove all transitions?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the automate to sequence with default transition. A few dozens of transitions were added to the sequence.
How to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence and starting from scratch please?

Thanks in advance.
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional

/Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Roger

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain in detail how i select all the transitions and delete them ?

I always get the whole track, or many clips, selected *with* the transitions !!!

As this is marked as answer, i'm obviously missing some step...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who marked this as correct? this deletes the clips NOT just the transitions !?!?!?!?!!?!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Roger.

Do I have to select the transitions one by one ? But there are many transitions. Any way to select them all in one go?

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is no way to select all in one go.

A tip:
Since one click on the wrong place deselect all transitions you just selected i would select lets say ten transitions and delete them, select ten more and delete them, etc until all are gone. :)

/Roger

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Roger, thank you very much indeed for your tip. :)

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that you can apply the default transition to all selected clips in CS4, it might be nice to have a NONE transition which you could apply to all selected clips and thus remove any applied transitions.

If jusko thinks it worth it, he could submit a feature request to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

Depending on what editing you have done after using Automate to Timeline, it might be quicker just to repeat the process into a clean sequence (so you have a backup in the original sequence if you change your mind).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I would love to be able to select a bunch of clips, or an entire sequence and just remove all the transitions. This has come up for me a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines