How to separate one dialogue into two audio tracks?

Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recorded one dialogue (a conversation between two people), is it possible to separate one audio into two audio tracks?

Thank you!

C

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to separate one dialogue into two audio tracks?

Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recorded one dialogue (a conversation between two people), is it possible to separate one audio into two audio tracks?

Thank you!

C

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2020 0
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the voices are on seperate tracks yes, otherwise no.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 1
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the dialog doesn't overlap, you can.  just use the blade tool to divide the audio track at the appropriate points and then move one persons dialog to the audio track directly below...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 1
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know I can use the blade tool to divide it. However, it is a time consuming work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a keyboard shortcut for adding an edit.   don't think there's anyway faster to do it...  Still much much faster than it used to be when we were building checkerboarded mag tracks for an analog mix...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0