Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing media (audio file WAV) issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a WAV file into Premiere Pro but the software claims the 'file format not supported'. In fact the file is not even identified until I turn on 'All Files' in the Media Browser filter options as opposed to the default 'All Supported Files' option. I cannot drag it into the timeline from my desktop either. I can import the same music in a MP3 file format, however the size of that file is 10MB and the WAV 24 bit file I want to edit with is 70MB so will have better sound quality. I looked on the Adobe supported files format help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/using/supported-file-formats.html) and WAV files are supported. Is there advice to solve this problem?

P.S. I recently got a new laptop with good specifications (32GB RAM... for example) and this is the first video I am trying to edit since the computer upgrade. I can't imagine this would have an impact but I thought I would mention it.

Many thanks,

Bill

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Where was the file created? Can you look to see what the audio codec is inside the .wav?

The tree view in Media Info is a good place to see more information about a media file.

You can have a supported container (.wav) but an unsupported media stream or codec inside the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the file created? Can you look to see what the audio codec is inside the .wav?

The tree view in Media Info is a good place to see more information about a media file.

You can have a supported container (.wav) but an unsupported media stream or codec inside the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Apparenlty there was no file or it was not supported in the container. This seems odd as I checked there was one before hand but after downloading another copy of the music and importing the file from my desktop into the timeline without going through the media browser Premiere Pro was able to accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines