• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this possible? Multiple camera angles from same clip...

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting with a GoPro MAX, a 360 camera. I'm in the process of producing my second project. I mount the 360 camera on the dash of a car, and by reframing the footage from the camera, I can get a variety of different camera shots from one clip.

I'm using the GoPro plug in to help reframe the video.

So far, in order to make this work, I have to reframe the clip and then export the video - once for each different camera angle. Then, I have to reimport the four separate clips into Premiere, and use the multi-camera set up to edit the video.

To help speed things up for me, I'm wondering if there is a way to use the same clip - four separate times - in Premiere Pro without having to export the four videos reframed first and then reimport the video again?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Just drag your 360 footage on to four different tracks. This should line them up all together nicely. Then apply the plugin to all of them, reframe on each hiding each track so you can see which one you're working on to reframe. Then just cut as you work your way along.The other way to do it is to just make your cuts where you think you need them and reframe for each clip, this can then be done all on one track as you drag your footage on to the first track, apply the plugin and then frame for your first scene. As you go along you cut at the spots you need, reframe and then copy that keyframe for each frame you need at that. Both these ways will give you a lot of flexibility if you don't like a framing for some reason, then just make a slight change as you go.

Otherwise yes, you have to make four clips and bring them back in if you need the multicam setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not a pro by any stretch, but I did discover something about multicam early on that apparently not many folks know (even a pro I talked to... told me it couldn't be done, and then I did it):

Since a multicam source sequence is really just a nested sequence... and nested sequences can be nested inside of other nests "infinitely"... it is in fact possible to select sequences, as well as actual clips (footage), or any combination, in the project panel, right click, and choose "Create multicamera source sequence". The new multicam source can contain other sequences (!) as well as regular clips. I have done some crazy cool things with this. For instance... create multicams in which some or all of the "cameras" are actually composites of multiple shots, not just one shot. This makes multicam useful in many nonstandard ways. But I digress...

I think this might be useful to you because, you could start the way @Graeme Bull describes... same clip on different tracks, and each reframed differently... but then, just right click on each clip and choose Nest. You'll end up with each of those reframed instances back in the project panel, each as their own nested sequence. Then you should be able to select them and choose "Create multicamera source sequence".

You may be able to replace the "nesting each clip" part above with making each clip a "subclip", ... which again would give you four subclips in the project panel that could be used to create the multicam. But, subclips are not something I use very often so I hesitate to state confidently that that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines