• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro 16 inch Freezing to shutdown on specific Premiere Pro export.

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: I explored this internet and didn't find anything specific to my issue. 

Just bought a brand new 2019 Macbook Pro 16 inch - i9 processor 32gb RAM and the 5500M 8gb. My first video export (a 35-second ad) with Premiere Pro froze the whole system up at 50%. The system remained frozen until finally it shut down and rebooted with the "your mac restarted because of a problem" warning. At first, I thought I was going to need to send it back and that this would occur with all video exports. However, upon further testing, I think I have narrowed down where the issue is happening. For the first test, I downloaded some stock footage off the web and exported a short 40-second clip. It exported fine with no issues. Then my second test I exported the same clip that crashed before. The crash occurred again. (Files for this are on an external hard drive) Third test I exported a new clip within the same project that was producing the crashes. This was a 2:30 video and I expected it to crash. The export was quick and had no issues. the only thing the two clips from the project did not have in common was the crashing clip contained audio and video shot on an iPhone 11 (all other footage being from a Sony a7III. So my conclusion is that something is occurring with that iPhone footage or audio that is causing the system to freeze up and crash. I have tested this same "crashing" clip export on my windows PC and another iMac and they export the iPhone footage fine. So how can I continue to narrow and fix this issue with the MacBook? 

I appreciate any help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend downloading the free app Handbrake and using Handbrake to render a new fixed frame rate version of the problem clip and then using the new clip in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also try moving the problem clip from your external drive to your internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines