Highlighted

Macbook PRO crashes exporting from premiere PRO

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone else has this problem with your macbook pro´s?

Bought a brand new macbook pro with 16GB ram and the best graphic upgrade (cant remember the specs) only 6 months ago. Long story short, it has been 3 times to service replacing the motherboard (I guess I was just unlucky)

The last time because it was crashing all the time. The mac, not the software (or to be fair, Premiere crashes also, more often than I think is normal for an adobe product)

Got my Mac back, and service at the apple store couldnt see any problem while stress-testing my Mac. So I got it back, and got back to work. After hours editing a project, I exported the file, but during export, the mac crashes and shuts down.

Every time! I tried exporting a project I exported before I handed the thing in the last time at apple. And it worked then (apart from some premiere pro crashes here and there). But after I got it back, it crashes even when I export the one I managed to export before service got their hands on my Mac.

I am no tech guy in these regards, and I really need my Mac to work (its why I got a Mac, d´uh).

So I guess my question is.... Anyone here thinks its the Mac thats faulty, or the software or both. I find it very strange that a brand new Mac crash every time.

Regards

Frustrated Mac and Premiere user.

Updated to High Sierra. Problem appears to be resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Macbook PRO crashes exporting from premiere PRO

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone else has this problem with your macbook pro´s?

Bought a brand new macbook pro with 16GB ram and the best graphic upgrade (cant remember the specs) only 6 months ago. Long story short, it has been 3 times to service replacing the motherboard (I guess I was just unlucky)

The last time because it was crashing all the time. The mac, not the software (or to be fair, Premiere crashes also, more often than I think is normal for an adobe product)

Got my Mac back, and service at the apple store couldnt see any problem while stress-testing my Mac. So I got it back, and got back to work. After hours editing a project, I exported the file, but during export, the mac crashes and shuts down.

Every time! I tried exporting a project I exported before I handed the thing in the last time at apple. And it worked then (apart from some premiere pro crashes here and there). But after I got it back, it crashes even when I export the one I managed to export before service got their hands on my Mac.

I am no tech guy in these regards, and I really need my Mac to work (its why I got a Mac, d´uh).

So I guess my question is.... Anyone here thinks its the Mac thats faulty, or the software or both. I find it very strange that a brand new Mac crash every time.

Regards

Frustrated Mac and Premiere user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of your export settings summary, like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

Do you sufficient disk space at the destination of the export?

If you go to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Software Only, does this problem persist?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely enough space on an external HDD,

the problem persists after set to Renderer to software only.

Thanks for a very swift reply though

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 21.00.13.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, changing the Mercury Playback Engine settings seems to have fixed a similar issue for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, same problem (crash of MacBook Pro during export of H264 file containing GoPro fusion footage) was solved by changing to "Software only" as described above . When using Adobe Media Encoder CC you additionally have to check the box where "software only" has to be choosen too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, macOS High Sierra, MBP 2017, Premiere 12.1.1.

I get maybe 1 out of then 10 exports to render without the entire system rebooting. With "Software only" everything is fine. Though it would be a LOT faster to render with GPU... Is it a bug? Has anyone figured it out yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! I just had the same problem and changing the rendering settings also solved it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issue in both Premiere and Resolve with similarly spec'ed Late 2016 Macbook Pro now, regardless of GPU process (OpenCL, CUDU, Metal) or output resolution selected.

Sometimes I'll get lucky and only the program will crash, but most of the time the entire system reboots. Pretty stumped right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
willsull LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. MacBook Pro late 2016 reboots like clockwork when exporting straight from premiere or in media encoder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running High Sierra and having the same problem. OS Upgrade didn't make a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0