• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move multiple clips at once

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have to move multiple layers of clips or still images and keep their position relative to each other. In AE and in PS I can select multiple layers and drag their position around freely, but in Premiere Pro, I can only drag one layer at a time.  Bouncing to AE is not a solution for me because everything I work with needs to be timed with multiple layers of audio at all times.  Nesting is not a solution for me because I need to be able to adjust each layer independently as well.  This is a feature I would use (and did use in FCP) dozens of times every day!  I really need this.  Any chance it's coming in a future update? 

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
78 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not asking to change it in the timeline, but in the frame. The position. In the frame. Change it. Multiple things. A bundle. He (We) wants to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a soultion for this on Premiere Pro CC.

You have to select all of the objects on the timeline, then right click ---- create secondary sequence. Then you add the sequence to the timeline. By clicking on it in the video, you can drag it around the screen, and move it's position, and size.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to revive this thread as another frustrated FCP user moving over to Premiere. It was such a basic "feature" I took for granted in FCP that I just couldn't believe this has not been addressed in so many years.

Nesting has its uses but I general avoid it, for reasons others have expressed. I'm being told that an Adjustment Layer allows Transform effects, but it doesn't seem to take so I'm not sure what's going on (CC 2018).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are less than 2 weeks from 2020. I have CC2020 installed and still this can not be done inside PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment Layer allows Transform effects

You have 1920x1080 and move all to 1080x1080. Try to change horizontal position using Adjustment layer - it just cut left and right sides, all that outside 1080. There is no solution for such needed thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and this feature still doesnt exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, so disappointing this is still lingering out here. I was really hoping. I understand that PP is a "video" editing tool and AE is the VFX tool. But just like PS and Illy had to adopt some overlap in features and functionality to be maximaly useful to the users, so must PP and AE. Moving things around the stage (old Flash user here) is a must-have, not a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(disparaging comment about Adobe removed. Please understand that Adobe is run by humans that do not deserve that kind of attack. In the future, be kind).

It has been an ask since before CC1 !!! It is so dumb but Adobe have some very deep ingrained reason for not doing it but will not let us know why. Its stupid because they have the quickest rendering software out there, even more so on the M1Max machines, but make it harder and harder for us to actually use! They have software for helping in UX and UI, but seem to ignore it for their own software in the case of PP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and this basic editing feature is still a huge PIA for anyone editing using any kind of lyering of text or images...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through this entire thread and realized it's more than 7 years old... I find it very curious that such a basic feature is still not available today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LuKBM,

Sorry. All things are possible with software. That said, not all things have priority - especially when After Effects can accomplish this and there are not that many feature requests built up from users over the years.

My suggestion is to upvote an existing bug, one that has the most traction. Here's one: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38069215-allow-us-to-move-m...

I'd be happy to advocate for the request. The devs cannot read minds, they need feedback. If everyone reading this could upvote the above request, it could help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin. I upvoted the request and hope it will be considered... I feel like this really needs to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! Thanks for the upvote.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the exact same problem, i just want to drag several layers i imported from photoshop to a new placement on the screen (not timeline) and i cant select more than one object at a time.. i need to mainting relation to each other so i need to move them all at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be great to move and transform objects around on the screen in premere pro like on photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to move them all, nesting the Photoshop layers should work.  Or, select the footage items and replace them with an After Effects Composiion.

Be sure to vote for the feature request (link in the "Correct answer").

In the meantime, I highly recommend learning After Effects - not all of it, but just enough to be comfortable working with Photoshop files imported as an After Effects Compostion that's then places in a Premiere Pro Timeline.  It may sound complex, but Adobe's made it pretty easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, we can only move a clip's position in the frame on its own.

Please allow us to select multiple items in our sequence and move their position (X / Y axis) together. If we move them 100px to the right, that number will be added to each clip's respective position so that they move as a group when selected as such, but their individual positions are maintained when the move is done.

This would also be great when selecting multiple text layers within the same Graphic Text clip. Rather than causing 2 or more layers to be given the same X / Y axis value, let the move simply add/subtract that many points to each layer that is selected.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not the top rated request! Select multiple clips in the timeline, then in the program window move them all at the same time to keep layout relationship the same. FCP7 did it, missed it ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, there is no easy way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a much needed request!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't know why this hasn't been implemented years ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. Such a basic thing that we don't have 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,