• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 being read as an MP3

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I could really use some help. I tried everything I could and I also tried the chat from Adobe but not getting any results. I tried importing an MP4 file into a Premiere Pro CC project and instead of it being an MP4 file it became an MP3. I looked at the property of the file and I saw this.Screen Shot.PNG

For some reason the video file has no resolution or FPS and any of the other stuff that is in the properties in a video file. This is the only file that this is happening to. I have tried re-downloading the file multiple times, with the same result. I could really use some help on this I am lost in this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Ok so I finally figured out how to fix the problem. I just used a video converter and converted the video that was an mp4 to an mp4. Don't know why that was the solution to the problem but it is fixed regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this file play in PPro or any other player?

Why do you think its mp3?  What is the extension?

Its not a particularly massive file for 3 hours 15 minutes?

Time code appears to be in audio units?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried just playing the file and it plays the video normally. It is just when I import it to Premiere Pro it turns into a audio file. The actual file is a 2.56 GB MP4 file. I can play the file in Windows Media Player and I get the video end as well as the audio. I do get the time code for the audio and it the length of the video. For some reason in the import it just becomes an audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compressed video downloaded over the Internet is not the best source material for a professional editor.  You're best chances for success are to stick with camera generated media you shot yourself, or switch to a consumer level editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my video that I had live-streamed and was wanting to download it and edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's still not the best source material for Premiere Pro.  You should have recorded the event on site to a proper format if editing was intended.  At this point, using a consumer level editor might still be your best option, as they often handle non-standard media better than PP does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I finally figured out how to fix the problem. I just used a video converter and converted the video that was an mp4 to an mp4. Don't know why that was the solution to the problem but it is fixed regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can convert your mp4 to mp3 here https://mp4tomp3.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines