MTS files out of sync

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-opened a project I was working on last week. Suddenly all the MTS audio is out of sync.

I previously exported the timelines and they were in sync. I haven't changed anything in my configuration.

CC 2018 Mac OSX10.13.2

There have been numerous posts about this issue. When is it going to be corrected?

Try this:

1) Clearing media cache will NOT fix this issue fully. Some of you may have good luck, but not me on Win10 latest version.

2) Easiest and quickest workaround (after much too much research) is to:

a) open or re-install premiere pro CC2017 by launching CC app, using the down arrow and selecting "Other Versions" and choose cc2017 and wait for install. It will install pp2017 and media encoder 2017.

b) If you've been working in cc2018 and suddenly your files are out of sync, do not despair. From you CC2018 file, export to Final Cut Pro XML (File|Export|Final Cut Pro XML)

c) Open cc2017 and open this xml file. Check your sequences and they should be in sync.

NOTE: You'll probably loose all that new, cool functionality from cc2018, but hey, at least you don't have to go back re-cut ALL your work.

I hope this helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MTS files out of sync

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-opened a project I was working on last week. Suddenly all the MTS audio is out of sync.

I previously exported the timelines and they were in sync. I haven't changed anything in my configuration.

CC 2018 Mac OSX10.13.2

There have been numerous posts about this issue. When is it going to be corrected?

Try this:

1) Clearing media cache will NOT fix this issue fully. Some of you may have good luck, but not me on Win10 latest version.

2) Easiest and quickest workaround (after much too much research) is to:

a) open or re-install premiere pro CC2017 by launching CC app, using the down arrow and selecting "Other Versions" and choose cc2017 and wait for install. It will install pp2017 and media encoder 2017.

b) If you've been working in cc2018 and suddenly your files are out of sync, do not despair. From you CC2018 file, export to Final Cut Pro XML (File|Export|Final Cut Pro XML)

c) Open cc2017 and open this xml file. Check your sequences and they should be in sync.

NOTE: You'll probably loose all that new, cool functionality from cc2018, but hey, at least you don't have to go back re-cut ALL your work.

I hope this helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did install FxFactory would that have caused it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing FxFactory should have no effect. Have you tried clearing your media cache and letting Pr rebuild your conform (.cfa) and peak (.pek) files?

When you were able to export the timelines in sync, were you on Sierra, or have you been on High Sierra for this entire project? If it is a known issue then hopefully the next patch update will fix it.

******[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]******

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 1
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sequence W4,

sequence W4

I agree with davidarbor, you may need to clean the media cache.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has no affect on the audio/video AVCHD MTS out of sync problem....

I agree with davidarbor, you may need to clean the FAQ: How to clean media cache files? .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018 0
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another voice with the same problem.  MTS files always worked fine in my projects before, now the audio is out of sync in them.  Happened for the first time about a month ago, but I had a deadline and just dealt with by manually syncing the audio for clips I was using.  Now coming up again in my current project. 

When I preview files outside of premiere, the audio is synced fine.  Inside of premiere it is off by a second or so.  MTS files with 59.54 fps, 12.1.1 (Build 10) on Windows 10.

Agree that this is a huge headache.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have encountered the issue today but I see your post was back ion May, any updates please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

Check my post from August. I was able to finish the project I was working on and deliver it.

Wally

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a pain, but I'd suggest exporting the files with the same pixel dimensions as prores422 and edit with those.  I know Premiere should be able to work directly with these files, but after trying to work with camera original in a number of different formats, if I have the time, I convert.  You should be able to use premiere export or adobe media encoder, but I use Editready which will automatically merge spanned clips if set up correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 2
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "known issue" is now going on 5 months.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

This new subscription model which treats everyone like a beta tester and test-dummy is beneath the dignity of any company that is seeking to be professional and to be responsive to their huge client base. Adobe rolls out updates which appears to be little more than beta releases and then seems to sit back and wait for the complaints to roll in...instead of doing it the right way and working through MAJOR BUGS likes this BEFORE the buying public has to be shipwrecked.

WHY IS THIS STILL EVEN AN ISSUE, ADOBE?

MTS files are a substantial source of media in our industry. I am losing time, money, work, and patience.

I have spent years singing the praises of Adobe and defending this company against the competition when it came to discussions with other fellow professionals, but now my trust has been shaken greatly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2018 9
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue with version 12.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crickets.... interesting how there is no response from the mother cricket.

They do seem to love putting up Facebook live videos on subjects of how great Premiere is.

Still an issue V 12.11.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018 0