• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my entire premiere acts poorly

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't scroll up or down in the little corner area that has all my clips without freezing every single time i scroll, i can't scroll up or down in the effects panel without all of the effect names blending together, my premiere will just freez out of nowhere trying to watch back a rendered sequence, it takes way too long to import clips, and its overall just a bad experience. Btw i bought it yesterday because i had a non genuine version as it turns out.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also theres huge latency between when i press play and when it actually starts playing and half the time it just gets stuck on one frame and i have to play it back 2-3 times just to actually watch it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

and since you had a hacked version, probably a good idea to reset your preferences and delete your caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on windows 10 it says the OS build is 19042.572

i have a ryzen 7 2700x

32gb of ram running at 2134

and a rtx 2060

and premiere version 14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also what will deleting my cache do and how would i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do some searching here to find out about caches and how to do that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dleted all of the old project files for my old stuff from the other premiere but it still is running poorly, what should i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because i had a non genuine version as it turns out.

I would suggest reinstalling the operating system and all programs.

You may have malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any luck? I too am having issues with freezes, hangs, and over all random latency. It's been going on for about 6 months. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling. reinstalling the OS from scratch, ensuring I have all updates.

The only "solution" I've found is that about when it happens and I restart my computer, restarting the computer fixes it about 95% - 99.99% of the time. The handful of times that it hasn't I've cleared the cache and preferences which takes care of it. Note, when the issue happens, if I don't restart my computer first, clearing the cache and prferences does no good.

From what I've been able to decipher, it seems that there's a service that runs with Premier Pro and if that service has issues starting it seems to cause the issue. I've noticed becuase when the issue is happening, after I've exited the program the GUI latency keeps happening for a few seconds after and while I was watching task manager I noticed that something from Premier Pro hadn't exited out.

My system specs;

Windows 10 Home version 20H2, but has also happened on 2004

Ryzen 7 4800H with integrated graphics

GeForce RTX 2060

32 GB of RAM

Windows 10 has all applicapable updates.

Premier Pro is version 14.6 but has also happened on the earlier versions that were out from June of this year and on.

My drivers are all, also updated.

My system load doesn't spike when the issue happpens either. My CPU, disk, memory and GPU are all very low and don't spike when the latency happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines