• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My imported transitions are not working

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a video, and I was using imported transitions from a few different packs, using adjustment layers.

At the beginning of the edit, everything was fine, the transitions played back smoothly, and all was good.

Then all of a sudden the transitions just stopped playing. The first clip just cut to the second, without any transition. What should I do? I updated my graphic drivers, rendered, exported, restarted Premiere Pro, and restarted my computer. But to no avail.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi levis96007149,

Sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then rendering the sequence (Sequence > Render In to Out) to check if it's working properly? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the renderer, rendered the way you said, but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the transitions still visible in the timeline? If so, are the tracks turned off? (the 'Eye' icon in the track header has a \ line thru it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still don't see the transitions. The eye icons were all set to visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the adjustment layers, do you still see them on the time line? If so, single click on one and make sure the Effects Control Panel is viewable and see if has effects on it. Upload a screenshot with those visiable using the insert photos above or copy and pasting the image into this text window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot. On the effect controls, is one of the transitions. prprob.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything selected, though I do see in the effects control panel (ecp) the blur and transform. What's on V1, track 1 which is collapsed? Open that up so you can see what is on there, maybe send a screenshot with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adjustment layers with the transitions are selected, and You can see V1 which has the main video clips.prprob.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything in particular wrong. But I'm wondering why you are sitting on a black frame at the end of your timeline. Is there anything more representative you can show? Try a new project, add two clips and put a transition in between them and see what you get. Otherwise put the timeline indicator or a frame that has something in particular going wrong. And highlight the clip/transition/adjustment layer at that point so we can see something to do with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/....

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was an adjustment layer above the adjustment layer with transitions. I tried to move the transitions above the other AL, and it didn't fix the problem, but when I removed the AL, I was able to see the transitions. Something to do with having 2 adjustment layers next to each other, not exactly sure what the problem was, but I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines