My keyboard is not working in Premiere Pro v 14.7

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resetted my pc yesterday. After that I installed my adobe programs again. But in Premiere my keyboard is just not working. I updated my pc, video driver, and adobe. I also tried a older version, this also did not work. I also tried resetting the work space, resetting my prefences and resetting the keyboard shortcuts. But nothing worked.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My keyboard is not working in Premiere Pro v 14.7

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resetted my pc yesterday. After that I installed my adobe programs again. But in Premiere my keyboard is just not working. I updated my pc, video driver, and adobe. I also tried a older version, this also did not work. I also tried resetting the work space, resetting my prefences and resetting the keyboard shortcuts. But nothing worked.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does a different keyboard work?

Is it a cordless keyboard?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard works fine but in Premiere pro it's just not responding. It is not a cordless keyboard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying the keyboard doesn't work, or that your keyboard setting shortcuts are not working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard works fine but in Premiere pro it's just not responding. It works normal on everything else on my pc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it work when you're trying to add a title (actually inputting text) within premiere

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this apply?

Fixed issues in Premiere Pro 14.7

• Undocked panels causes keyboard shortcuts to stop working
  • Improved stability during auto-save when application is not in focus
  • Audio dropout for some H.264 files with multiple mono streams 
  • Reduced delay of playback initialization of some mp4 and mov files. 
  • Improved pek generation performance of H.264 compressed mov clips

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only the number pad? Is your num lock on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other applications running at the same time?  If so, restart your program and do not run anyother programs before launching premiere and see if that helps.  I've never heard of this issue before and suspect it's probably something on your system causing the issue.  Of course, I could be wrong.  It's happened....  so you're saying that nothing works on the keyboard when you're working in premiere?  For example, if the timeline is active with a sequence in it and you hit the spacebar on your keyboard, the sequence does not play but if you click on the play button in the program monitor using your mouse it does play?   When you say you've reset your keyboard shortcuts have you tried changing the keyboard shorcut preset to one of the other ones that should be available in the keyboard shortcut dialog?

Was the keyboard working properly in an earlier version of premiere?  If you don't have an earlier version of premiere, you can install an earlier version in the creative cloud app.   .And just to be sure, is this an "off the shelf" keyboard, not something special that allows you to program macros... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0