• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio on MTS Files After Installing Premiere Pro 2018 (Mac)

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been bringing MTS files into Premiere Pro (Mac) for years. After upgrading to CC 2018, Premiere stopped playing the audio on MTS files.

The only way I have been able to get them to work now is if I use Premiere CS6.

I spent an hour with an Adobe worker who couldn't get it to work. Finally, she said it was a known issue, but that I should get a "clean OS" from Apple. Since English clearly wasn't her first language, that didn't make sense to me.

Has anyone else has this problem? I can't get MTS audio to play in any Adobe application on my Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

This simple solution worked for me. On a Mac go to:

Library > Audio Plug-Ins >

Simply delete a52Codec.component (which is a leftover from Perian) and ALL DONE!

AC3 audio will start playing immediately without the need to reboot or do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the suggestions in these links, and the audio still isn't showing up on the MTS files.

The only thing that works is to go all the way back to CS6, and the audio works in that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simple solution worked for me. On a Mac go to:

Library > Audio Plug-Ins >

Simply delete a52Codec.component (which is a leftover from Perian) and ALL DONE!

AC3 audio will start playing immediately without the need to reboot or do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same MTS-not-importing-sound-problem after updating to Premiere CC 2019. Deleting the a52Codec.component fixed it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I dont even have that audio codec file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Does anybody has a solution for the 23.2 version of Premiere (CC 2023)?

My Components folder in the Library/Plug-ins is empty. no sign of a52Codec.component.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer from krsfaz did it! Thank you!

In case anyone else is reading this, and wants to try the same thing, I actually found the file in Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components. (see image)

When I tried to do a search on my Mac for "a52Codec.component" it didn't show up.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 9.48.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines