• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perfect circle in Premiere Pro 2017?

Participant ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is these an easy way to make a perfect circle in a graphic layer?  Opening an ellipse layer automatically places an ellipse but I don't see any width and height controls.  So far I have been eye-balling an approximate circle but there really should be an obvious way to adjust dimensions numerically.  I must be missing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rvl,

Hold the Shift key while creating an ellipse.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in Premiere Pro CC 2017 is there a tool for creating and ellipse?  All I can see is an option for creating an ellipse layer.  It places an ellipse in a layer on the timeline. To change it to a circle I can go into Effects Controls window and adjust the horizontal and vertical scale percentage (there are no width and height) but this also scales the stroke thickness so that the ellipse now has an uneven stroke...!!!   Come on Adobe .... the world's premiere graphic tool maker and this is the best you can do???  Unless I'm missing something, but then again it should be plain ans simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure to unselect 'set scale lock'

2. Make both the vertical and horizontal value the same number

3. Set scale lock again

example set scale lock_LI.jpg

I wish it would not have to be this difficult to make a circle. It used to be fine in Premiere Pro CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Effects>Video Effects>Generate>Circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but, come on Adobe, get with the program, give us the full text tools available in Photoshop, In-Design & illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you can't just set an Ellipse Mask to be a perfect circle using set dimension fields for the shape, or holding shift.

Disappointed by a lot of Premiere Pro and considering switching to other software. There seems to be a lot missing- like the ability to just drag layers (Tracks) uop and down in the stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... having  the same question: how can I set this automatically created ellipse into a circle?

mycc_0-1601254682073.png

Result: this ellipse:

mycc_1-1601254874112.png

Where can I set the hight and the width to the same value?

mycc_2-1601254911980.png

Thanks!

mycc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines