• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Video Quality When Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While viewing my project in premiere pro in the preview window, everything appears to be just fine. However, when I export the video it looks terrible and pixelated I am very new to Premiere Pro and I could have all my settings wrong but someone please help. I have attached what my export settings look like below. Thank you for any help!

Capture2.PNG

And here's how pixelated the video looks:

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Your issue is that you are setting the export wrong.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.47.36.png

Here you have a couple of export options for your video according to the resolution, pixel aspect ratio and the framerate that I can see in your screenshot.

Option 1:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.53.32.png

Option 2:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.49.31.png

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi britt_zanone,

Your source is HD and your preset is standard def, so your settings are, indeed, wrong. You want to first change the format to something like H.264, then choose one of the HD presets. Try the one for YouTube HD.

At first glance, it also looks like you shot the original video incorrectly. Try shooting video in a widescreen "landscape" orientation by rotating the camera 90 degrees.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had the portrait like that on purpose to create an effect on Instagram! As for the H.264 that fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is that you are setting the export wrong.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.47.36.png

Here you have a couple of export options for your video according to the resolution, pixel aspect ratio and the framerate that I can see in your screenshot.

Option 1:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.53.32.png

Option 2:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 14.49.31.png

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the exact opposite problem. my source is low quality. Even though I recorded it all at 1080p. Why did it set itself to a lower quality for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,of course. So, i put clips in normal sequence and added some text which was low resolution, but somehow when i tried to export video, the source resolution was very low (same as text res, 640-320,something like that). After that, i copied everything in full HD sequence. But now, picture was very small in a large black rectangle. I tried to scale to fit but didnt work. If i tried to export it didnt stretch to fit. So, after whole day of searching i figured i can manually adjust clips to fit. So finaly it worked😂 whole day went by for such a little thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixed it! Thank you so much! byroncortezh​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am kind of having the same problem, I record my videos on 2k and edit with premiere pro. Whenever i wanna see how my clips look on premiere pro i double click(to make it full screen) but the quality looks really bad however when i watch my clips in my folders they look decent. I have been trying to fix this problem for 2 weeks but i couldnt.Id appreciate some help

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshot of your Premiere, plus your sequence settings and clip info, so we can see what might be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (50).pngScreenshot (49).pngScreenshot (51).png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your recording has probably been done with variable frame rate. Premiere and other NLEs don't work well with variable frame rates. You can use Handbrake to convert your source to a constant frame rate before importing into Premiere.

Here's a Handbrake tutorial if you need guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always having low/poor quality output when I export video (in .mp4) from Premiere Pro CS6.

It looks fine & of good quality while editing in PP CS6. It contains an audio, text & an image (.png) as background.

Audio Sample Rate is 44.1khz. Bitrate of the MP3 is 320kbps.

I'm getting Low Quality Video Output even after choosing YouTube 1080 preset followed by render at max depth. Please help me sorting this out! Below are the images of temp video which I made for testing out export settings for my original Music Lyric Video.

Sequence Preset I've usedSequence Preset I've used

Export Settings I selectedExport Settings I selectedLow Quality even after choosing YT 1080 preset followed by render at max depthLow Quality even after choosing YT 1080 preset followed by render at max depth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. not sure how to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the post by Byron Cortez earlier in this thread. You do probably have a mis-match somewhere. That´s what you need to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the sane issues. I should NOT. This should  be a no brainer.  Like it is in Final Cut Pro. They have ( like Win X ) complicated everything beyond all reason. It should be HARD to choose a crappy output rather than have to go thru all this crap to get the output that 100% of users are looking for. Will  someone explain to me what kind of mindset Adobe has where getting excellant results has to be DIFFICULT instead of  default. I have tried teh proper resolution, etc many times I can't even get teh export options when I choose it in the menu. How many years does it take them to get their software right ? Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing.   I am ready to give up on this.  Adobe after 30 years of software development   WTH are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines