Highlighted

Premiere not importing mov files.

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a few days ago and now I have no quicktime support. It will not let me import any quicktime files. I can't even see them in the media browser. Also the export option for quicktime is now gone. I need help asap. I have 2017.1.1 on a mac

ok so I fixed both issues in Pr and AE

I have installed Windows 10 PRO N so I tried the adding the Media Features first thing and still did not work.

After installing the newest version (APRIL) all is fixed! finally....

here's the link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016817/media-feature-pack-for-n-edition-of-windows-10-version-1703-april-2017

hope it helps

Premiere cc 2017 codec fix

Premiere cc 2017 import fix

Premiere cc 2017 mp4 mov not importing

After Effects cc 2017 codec fix

After Effects cc 2017 import fix

After Effects cc 2017 mp4 mov not importing

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere not importing mov files.

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a few days ago and now I have no quicktime support. It will not let me import any quicktime files. I can't even see them in the media browser. Also the export option for quicktime is now gone. I need help asap. I have 2017.1.1 on a mac

I have installed Windows 10 PRO N so I tried the adding the Media Features first thing and still did not work.

here's the link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016817/media-feature-pack-for-n-edition-of-windows-10-version-1703-april-2017

hope it helps

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, looking at another post I have found how to get to the export settings. I still can not import mov files though, help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 3
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY WORKAROUND

Version 12.1.2 Build 69. OS: Windows 10 Home, version 1803. build 17134.523.  Device: ASUS ROG GR8 II (Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60CHz) GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Driver 384.76

Cleaned all cache. Didi a reboot (tryna get a clean slate, from the computer gods yo)

I installed QuickTime player. made a tick to a box that says "associate all .mov files with QuickTime.."

Ran Premiere, opened project.

Dragged files directly from the windows folder to the timeline and IT WORKED.

----

Before that i had multiple times where premiere managed to import files randomly - sometimes it managed to import 3 .mov files with video, right after that, it failed again. I was kinda losing my mind. Tried to think like a caveman, go back to being simple.

I must say, using CC is becoming more and more frustrating. I'm wondering why those bugs that are known for year(s) are still not being fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: tried to continue a project in Premiere cc 2019, now unable to add mp4's to timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracks source patched?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the same thing. It imports 1/3 of my .MOV files, 0 of the HEIC and a jpg doesn't have the video so that's useless. Most of my .mov files clip where it's completely unusable, despite it being something that looks great in my phone (no clips/clipping)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pharaohm25652655,

Sorry for the issue with the Quicktime import. Premiere Pro supports import & export of Quicktime files in both Windows & MAC.

1. Is there an error message when you try to import MOV files?

2. Is this happening with all MOV files from all sources?

3. Have you tried to clear the media cache & try import?

FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no message. When I go to the folder with the files in the media browser it does not even show the files. Yes, when I try to import any mov file it is doing the same. It will let me drag the file from the hard drive folder into the timeline though. I just cleaned the media cache and it still does not show any mov files that I can import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing .mov into .mp4?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. I have the same problem but on WINDOWS 10 in Premiere and After Effects. I can't import .mov and .mp4. in AE I get an error:

'the following pluins have failed to load. please reinstall the plugins. ....media core plugins -  ImporterMPEG.prm / ImporterQuickTime.prm / ImporterWindowsMedia.prm . In Premiere I can't load any mp4/mov and I get the file is not supported. everything is on a clean install on windows 10 and clean adobe!! I have also tried to install quicktime (latest version) and same shit.... im going crazy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016817/media-feature-pack-for-n-edition-of-windows-10-vers...

hope it helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for coming back & posting the information Alexc.

Pharaohm, have you tried the step recommended by Ann Bens? Have you updated Premiere Pro to the latest update(11.1.2)?

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a current CC subscriber with all current Adobe app versions.

My desktop has Win 8.1 with current updates.  I'm having similar issues.  When importing MOV files from a Iphone SE only the audio track import although I can see the video file in the Premiere Pro preview window.

Any help for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...
I am having problems when importing .mov files, they are files that are at 50 fps, when I import it to work in Premier I leave it at 12.50 fps, I can not correct this since at the moment of work I am cutting the video or it comes out very slow and this problem was also transferred to After Effects, if someone knows the solution, I tried reinstalling Premier as Quick Time, I do not know what could be happening since they are only with .mov extensions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did change the mov files to mp4 it worked but the result was the quality of the video was terrible i tried to work with it but now i need my mov files to work i deleted them before but i reinstalled them when realized that i need them when i tried to import them the still didnt work and gave me an error message (there are no video or audio in this file) but am sure there is and it works fine ,but for some reason i cant import them to adobe premiere pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue on Mac's running Sierra and High Sierra with the most up to date versions of Premiere Pro CC.  I need really need s fix tot his quick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MOV files on my local drive seem to work fine but any files I try to work off of externally (all of my project files) will not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mov files will play on my PC but when I import them into Premiere, it removes the video and only leaves an audio file.  These are mov files recorded from an Iphone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 5