• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.8 requires update of NVIDIA Driver

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last day or two, customers and colleagues have reported that the latest NVIDIA game ready driver that recently became available (461.09) is causing instability. This includes computer lock up. and export issues with Premiere Pro 14.8. This is affecting Windows users that operate with a NVIDIA GPU.

If you have installed the errant driver, try performing a clean installation of the NVIDIA "Studio Driver" instead. It has been reported that installing the Studio driver solves the issue, and that is what we are currently recommending.

If you are continuing to have trouble after installing the Studio driver, please file a bug on User Voice or create a new post

Update:

• You can also install the latest Game Ready driver, 461.40, which just became available and is working with Premiere Pro 14.8. Download it here.

Note: The Studio driver is the preferred driver for video editors, but if you create game content, you may want to install the game ready driver instead. Follow up and test the overall stability and performance in Premiere Pro using those drivers to see if they are working OK for your overall workflow.

Thanks,
Kevin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had two long days of a constant crash and freeze nightmare... and this solved my problemes. Im so happy now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't it always been that the Studio Driver was the one to be used rather than the Game Ready Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that's not the one everyone grabs. Keep in mind that gamers are a major segment in the editing community now (hi guys...)

That said, they are doing crazy things with editing gaming sequences, mainly of shooting at things, but nonetheless....:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting ridiculously fed up with this now. Have had issues all day. Tried installing the studio driver as suggested and still the video footage is skipping and jittering where it would normally be perfect. 

The irony that the updates 'fix issues' yet I've never had any until now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if everything was working fine before the update, revert to the previous version.  If you need help doing that, post back.

It is unrealistic to expect adobe to be able to test every possible combination of hardware, OS and additional apps before the updates are released.  

And if you expect us to be able to help, start a new thread and

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Remember that updates often require better hardware, ram etc. so check to make sure your system meets the minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said your issue was fixed, Damian. Something weird with the headphones, eh? Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I can say without a doubt that this most certainly did not help or a change anything. Was worth a try I guess. Previous version stopped working before I even updated so idk what even to try anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I figured out the issue. It turned out to be something to do with my headset?! Don't ask how I figured it out, but once I removed my headset from my PC the playback was completely back to normal again. Hopefully this can help your situation! Although I now need a new headset 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your audio hardware settings in your preferences.  Bet if you set the audio input to none, you'll be able to use your headset.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually hilarious. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that helped either. Program still froze up my pc which at the point is probably doing way more damage to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deonta,

Try a "clean installation" of the NVIDIA Studio driver. That should help. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE IF I WANT TO USE PRIMERE PRO.  This is lousy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, that you need to use the Studio driver?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines