• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 won't playback and crashes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Premiere Pro 2020 and now all my projects won't work. While playing a sequence it will get stuck immediately and repeatedly display "A low-level exception occurred in Adobe Player (Player:6)" and will then freeze/crash and close itself sometime later after doing nothing. I recently updated my Macbook Pro to MacOS Catalina too. I've tried resetting preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling, ensuring my mac is fully up to date, restarting, etc. I need to work on projects urgently. Is anyone else having this problem?

Only other thing I can think of is when I updated to MacOS Catalina there were many old (pre Creative Cloud) Adobe apps that no longer worked so I deleted them.  As far as I know I didnt delete anything backend that was required for the CC apps.

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

It could definitely be format related. While I haven't gotten this error, I've been diving back into Premiere head first on a large project with over 500 GB of footage, most of it AVCHD UHD from a Sony a7R III and I haven't been thrilled with playback. I started using the native proxy workflow today and I'm so much happier: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/ingest-proxy-workflow-premiere-pro-cc-2015.html

I have a very beefy machine so I can get away with using the H.264 preset without la

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip - I think I knew this was an option but had never tried it. Will give it a shot and report back if I encounter same issue while using proxies or any other type of footage. So far only native .mov files from LS300 have triggered error. I've successfully edited footage from Panasonic GH3, GH5, and AC130 in same projects using Premiere 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem of which is mostly fixed by this solution. My specs are as follows:

Windows 10

i7 8700 @ 3.20GHz

64 GB RAM @ 3000MHz

RTX 2080

All my programs and files are on a 1TB NVMe drive

I do not understand why my computer can not run the native video formats and must be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an idea, uninstal everything adobe related using the Adobe Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let me know if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now had this same problem occur while playing a Quicktime .mov file that originated from a completely different source (than from the JVC LS300 camera). Not syaing that .mov files are the deinite culprit, but it has not yet happened to me with any other file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Working on Premiere 2020, Mac OS Catalina and a Macbook Pro with 32 GB and i7.

It´s SO irritating!

What´s wrong with the new PPRO in combination with Catalina?

Hello, Adobe ?? I´m relying on this as i have clients waiting !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina has been a major problem in and of itself. I routinely communicate with a number of colorists and participate on the LGG forum, also a colorist's haven. Many of them based in Resolve. And Catalina is not well liked by many of them. Sad to say. Apparently Catlina doesn't like Avid too much either.

So several took the painful step of rollling their OS back just to keep the shop working. But of course, others are getting along ok. OS changes can be a terrifying thing with deadlines. And I wish there was an obvious current fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error (low-level exception) and the player is stuck. mac os 10.13.6, no plugins. i reinstalled ppro 2019 to continue working, but now it appears i can´t open the project there, because it was saved in ppro 2020. any advice of how i can reproduce the project there? it´s already two days work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user posted a tool online that "will instantly convert (your project) to be openable in any older version of Premiere."

Use at your own risk, and make sure to create a back-up. This method is NOT supported by Adobe.

http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

super, this seems to work, thank you joost and josh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, only when using j, k, l to speed up/slow down playback.  I am on a Mac with Mohave 10.14.6, so it is not a Catalina issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My playback won't work at all. The app shows that it is playing, but it isn't, just sits there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just didn’t update and it keeps working. But if I update all hell brakes
lose. Figured will finish this project and then update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution for me : Change Audio Hardware from MME to ASIO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i change to ASIO i cant playback the video. Do i need to change more settings? I have the same problem while play back a video in the edit screen adobe crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know what it is about the 2020 version that broke all of these things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2020 they removed a ton of older code, and also support for a lot of older gear. Both to work towards getting better stability on the gear it's currently designed to work with. Some of those changes have made difficulties for some users with older gear or media.  Combined with Apple's Catalina giving a lot of apps headaches ... there's certainly been some issues.

And always ... when you rewrite a good share of a complex app, after releasing it you'll find there were some things with certain gear/media you didn't catch.

That said, most of us are working fine. Which doesn't help someone struggling.

If you are, create a new thread, list your gear, media, and general workflow steps and what's breaking for you. We'll try to help troubleshoot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reasoned and helpful reply, sincerely.  I posted in the heat of debugging after a couple of days of frustration and your reply was better than the comment deserved.  I believe I tracked my issue to an out of date BIOS, but if it persists, I will follow your advice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there, done that, screamed myself horse, barely kept from demolishing monitors ... yea, no sweat! 😉

You should read some of my rants here ... and yes, there's been some doozies ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines