• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro audio levels working but no sound is heard.

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project for someone and I've encountered a hiccup. Last night I was editing and everything was working fine, but today I tried resuming editing but I've had some major audio issues. All other sounds from my computer and other websites play perfectly fine, but when I'm in Premiere there's no audio coming out of the speakers. The audio levels are moving and reacting as they should, and the waveforms are showing up on the clips still, so it's not an issue with the files themselves. I didn't change the audio hardware at all, and in order to fix the problem I tried changing the audio hardware around to other options, as well as clearing the media cache, changed the name of the 'common' folder in 'appdata', however, none of those things worked. If anyone has any ideas of how this can be remedied it would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

I had the exact same symptoms which actually started DURING a session of using Premiere Pro.  Trashing preferences was the only thing that brought sound back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just this project or also new ones?

If its just this one: make new project and import old one.

All projects: try trashing Preferences by holding down shift + alt while opening Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same symptoms which actually started DURING a session of using Premiere Pro.  Trashing preferences was the only thing that brought sound back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately this did not help for me. do you have any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exacty same problem here.  So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem, but trashing preferences did not work.
My Audio Device is routed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines