• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 Missing after CC update

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I totally miss something??  I have been using Premiere Pro CC 2019 for over a year now but when I did a CC update, the program Icon on my desktop is now only a question mark "?" where the app Icon used to be.  I now have Premiere Pro 2020 Icon in a different place.  Is CC 2019 gone now?  Is 2020 the new updated version?  Are there 2 versions?  Am I going mad??

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I can't determine your sanity without having a more indepth conversation... but when you update a adobe creative cloud app, you have the option to keep the previous version...  maybe you didn't do this... but you can download the 2019 version for at least the time being.   Open the creative cloud app and if you click on the 3 dots (also known as an ellipsis.  at the far right of the appropriate app name, you'll see the option to go to other versions...  but I'd do this as soon as possible.  Adobe for various reasons has been removing access to earlier versions.  I have cc2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 on my system, but at this point I could only install 2019 or 2020...

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 1.55.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure what version # CC2019 was.  This is what the latter version showed.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 1.38.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere 2019 is 13.  My understanding is that it's still available... but maybe that's changed.  You might check with adobe support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scroll down to see version 13.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess another question would be does it matter?  is 2020 better/worse than CC 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're hardware is up to snuff, 2020 seems fine at least for me so far.  It's generally a good idea to be in control of updates and do not update at a critical moment in your workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty much am.  I wasn't doing anything at the time and thought it would be a good idea to update.  guess I didn't see the "Save old version" box.  Next time......

Thanks for all your help.  I'll give Ver 13 a shot and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines