• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro perfomance all versions

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok now we have 2021 release of Pr Pro. Lets see... 

Captions?

Obsolete audio removed?

Team projects? 

Equitable Language???

AHAHAHAH REALLY? 😄 Thats nonsense! Your soft useless for SIMPLE editing mobile video and you do SO BIG USEFUL changes at 2021 year 21 version! REALLY? Just look at 2020 version!

https://youtu.be/Le6kipB-U8Y

Im sure all of these problems still on 21 ver so I dont wanna update, I wanna delete all your soft and forget for forever but I cant!

Oh ok here is my story. It was 2016 and starts with Pr 2016-17, that old time I had old PC with Athlon 965 and GTS 450. I spent all my little russian money for PC upgrading and bought 5820k with GTX680 with 32 Gb RAM and guess what? I got MINIMUM PERFORMANCE GROWTH! No, of course, the render became faster, but problems with the smoothness of the timeline and other still remained. And dont tell me about adobe system requirements. It was more-less at ALL versions. I even tested same project on my friend's PC (Ryzen 5, 1080ti and 64 GB RAM) - GPU effects are faster a little bit, render faster a little bit - THATS ALL! Since then I have given up video production and creativity, because it is impossible to work with constant lags, bugs and crashes, and besides, I have ridiculously slow previews. I started looking for information, trying to optimize my PC, hell, I installed from scratch the terrible Windows 10 with the latest updates for Pr 2020 and guess what? ITS USELESS!

I dont care how big the programs are. There are many other big video editing programms for example which can use CUDA properly and works smooth without crashes. Here we see amazing perfomance and stability redusion from 2019 to 2020 and thats ridiculous. From all sources, everyone is shouting that it is necessary to update for perfomance improvement but in reality it works backward. You dont have millions of coders? Looks like you dont have even five testers coz there always was bugs which was on a lot of users (volume bezier curve on timeline in Pr for example). I have many recorded examples of Ae, Pr, Me, Ai problems and so I dont know how to work further with my ADHD and consuming 80% work time for bugs, optimization and reinstall to old versions...

Because of ADHD I also cant consuming my time to learn new soft with adequate optimization. I just havent mental resources for that! And I live in a country where ADHD medications are illegal! All I want is to be creative and making art with the only video editing tool that I have learn entirely! I dont know what to do now! Maybe if talking about values of diversity and inclusion you should REPLACE your coders from, I dont know, India, to other peopple for DIVERSITY of stability upgrade? I hate you, Adobe. And I hate the day when I met with your program and spent a lot of time on it instead of something more adequate. I want to freeze myself in a cryogenic chamber so that after 200 years I will wake up in a world where programs from Adobe work incredibly fast and ADHD is no longer a problem...

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jedi,

Sorry for the frustration. Appears your system does not meet minimum requirements if that is your video. Is it? If so, I would highly recommend you deal with your video files and optimize them before editing with them.

It's pretty easy. Get your Ingest Settings set up to transcode everything to ProRes LT and your workflow will be smoother. Sure, this generates extra files that take up hard drive space, but you can delete these after exporting your project, so this is only temporary.

Choose Project Settings > Ingest Settings to reach this dialog box. I have mine set up like this:
Ingest.png

Once you import clips via Media Browser, it changes the codec your clips in the background so that they playback a LOT more easily, especially with systems that are not exactly meeting system requirements.

Please let me know if you need help setting up a better workflow for your system. Premiere or You are not to blame, it is the satanic media types that foil us all. We need to tame those beasts and move one level beyond what might be temporarily uncomfortable to reach the bliss of a workflow that, well, just works.

Please allow me to assist you. Hope I can help.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines