Premiere Pro stuttering playback after Windows update

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really perplexed by this. They ran some updates on my computer at work, nothing major, from what they told me. But now, Premiere won't play without constant stuttering. After Effects works fine. Avid Media Composer works fine. I've tried updating to the latest version of Premiere, switching my drives, updating my driver, clearing my cache, creating new projects with only a single clip...nothing changes it. Everything stutters inside Premiere's playback (both in the timline and in the source window), but exports fine. Has anyone seen this? 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020
You've tried most things. How about checking your Audio Hardware preference. Set it to None to give it a try.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've tried most things. How about checking your Audio Hardware preference. Set it to None to give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that actually worked! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works for me too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines