Premiere Pro Timer Countdown Seconds only

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm struggeling trying to get the timer to show seconds only. At the moment the Timecode function shows Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Miliseconds HH.MM.SS.MM. But what if i would like to have SS.SS counting down from 85:00 to 00:00 with just Seconds. Similar the BBC news countdown: BBC News 57 Second Countdown 2016 Version B - YouTube​. I Tried to make a countdown in Adobe After Effects but I only got 0:00 and not 00:00. So is there just a simple way that i've missed or is it more complicated?

Cheers Fabian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Timer Countdown Seconds only

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm struggeling trying to get the timer to show seconds only. At the moment the Timecode function shows Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Miliseconds HH.MM.SS.MM. But what if i would like to have SS.SS counting down from 85:00 to 00:00 with just Seconds. Similar the BBC news countdown: BBC News 57 Second Countdown 2016 Version B - YouTube​. I Tried to make a countdown in Adobe After Effects but I only got 0:00 and not 00:00. So is there just a simple way that i've missed or is it more complicated?

Cheers Fabian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a countdown timer that starts at 85 seconds and counts down, you will either need to use After Effects or build it manually with frame by frame editing in Premiere as there is no 85:00 in timecode - it would be 02:25:00.

If you search around on Google, there are tutorials that will show you how to  make the countdown in AE, including adding the suppressed first digit. I used to have a link to one, but cannot find it now.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2017 0
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick way to make a timer right inside Premiere - you can set it to any time and any font:

https://youtu.be/-JQH52VJKg0

Learn how to create an animated timer in Premiere Pro 2020. Unlike other methods, this one is customizable: choose the font, size, color, duration - whatever...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0