• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro wont let me import any media.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sick of adobe. ive never opened the program and not have some new error and problem to troubleshoot before getting to work on a project. it actually makes me sick to my stomach to use this program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's a question here, it appears to be "how do I import media?" Can you provide some details of what you're trying and a little about the system it's on so we can try to help? This is a community user-to-user forum, and we all try to be helpful here. We can't help with stomach problems, but if you can be specific about what's going on, someone might be able to give advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to import media. I've been doing it for months. The same .mov files shot with my DJI drones. Today import 3 video files and then I attempt a 4th which i get this message:

The only difference with the errored video is that it comes from a phantom 4 drone rather than an inspire 1.

here are the file properties of the two files side by side:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without checking Phantom 4 recording specifications I would hazard I guess it is record settings on the Phantom ( maybe Variable Frame Rate, unsupported codec or indeed actually damaged in transfer).  Your desktop icons for clip 24 and 38 clearly show 38 without a poster frame so it seems like even Windows is not picking that clip up as a self contained movie file it can resolve. I assume you have tried to double click the movie on the desktop to play it as part of troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phantom 4 record settings seem pretty standard though I cannot see if the max bit rate of 60 Mbps is constant or variable. your file size of 2GB doesn‘t Test the FAT32 limit so test the file on other computers, programs to see if it plays natively.  Also are you able to get a skimming preview using Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To eliminate the VFR possibility run your clip through Handbrake https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php  setting it to Constant Frame Rate in the H.264 export options and then try to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While searching the internet for a solution I just managed to get the video to import by changing its file extension from .MOV to .Mp4. Other users are saying that the phantom 4 uses a codec not supported by Adobe. Apparently I have to transcode all  my phantom footage before I can edit in premiere. Of course right? It couldn't be as easy as drag and drop like all the other DJI files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ghonish,

With the January 2018 update (12.0.1), you will get a native support for HEVC (also known as H.265) codec footage in a QuickTime (.MOV) container, produced by a DJI Phantom 4 drone.

New features summary for the January 2018 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, staff have confirmed that the media on the Phantom 4 is non-standard and unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines