• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

seriously Adobe what are you doing with the 14.6 update ???

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 14.6 update (W10) Premiere is constantly crashing/freezing when :

• changing timeline settings
  • drag and drop clips in the timeline
  • Add tracks to a sequence
  • Copy / Paste
  • Delete a sequence in a bin

I'm not the only one to have this problem (tested on 4 differents computers of my pro wo-workers)

Seriously ?? I've been a professional client since CS6 and I've rarely seen software sink over time... With each of your updates it's the same thing: you add functions that are often useless to the prosumers and you destroy what used to work. Please quickly correct these problems otherwise it would be great to remove the "Pro" mention in "Premiere Pro"

We all pay more than 700 euros a year for your software. As professional users, we hope to be able to buy our peace of mind with a work tool worthy of the name.
Is your goal to disgust your business customers to switch to Resolve or Avid?

Hardware :

Premiere "Pro" (14.6.0 Build 51)
Windows 10 (20H2)

Geforce RTX 2080 (457.30 studio drivers)

80 GB Ram

4xSSDs in RAID 5 (dedicated hardware controller)

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go. Just a small example...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even simply add some clips in a bin makes the soft crash. 

Great job with your updates, really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import the old project into the new one, guess what ? It crashes...

Seriously ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after reseting the prefs and cash files, it crashes. I cannot move a panel neither without making the soft crash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious ? Is that your "professionnal" solution after an update ? Cleaning the cache ? and reset de preferences ? Don't you think we haven't tried all this before? Do you find it normal to have to do this kind of manipulation after an update?

I need to keep all my Premiere Pro settings. I'm a professional user and I can't afford to waste time having to reinstall everything to correct your programming shortcomings.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a user community. Nobody on here attempting to offer solutions has written a single line of code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ann. Your title "Adobe Community Professionnal" misled me. I thought she was an engineer from Adobe. Just to satisfy my curiosity? What exactly does this "Adobe Community Professionnal" title mean exactly ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See who's who:

Adobe Employee: A verified member of our Forum Staff team.

Adobe Community Professional: An officially-recognized product expert who can speak on behalf of Adobe, but not an employee.

Most Valuable Participant: Forum moderators and experts selected by Adobe. MVPs may also be ACPs or UGMs, those affiliations are shown on their profile page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of these people, myself included, would be just like you @just edit, professional editors or other people experienced with Premiere that try to help each other out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to all the bugs you mentionned, we can't even SAVE properly our projects. Since when hitting ctrl+S has become a tricky manipulation where you have to "save as" everytime you just try to keep your work safe? You tell me. This is just unacceptable to notice that even the most basic functions don't work. Please try to fix this real quick because working with Premier has become a nightmare lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why continually Update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder the same and would like a so called feature freeze, iow stop to add new features that no one has even asked for and fix excisting bugs that has been around for ages to make the software useful and snappy on a new computer.

For example, the latest update has the new Quick Export feature. They have actually spent time on a feature that adds close to nothing since exporting has been available since version 1.0. I read this forum everyday and has never seen someone asking for a quick export either, so it´s a mystery that it came. Yet it´s there and more time will be spent on it.

At the same time transitions are broken in some cases if "Composite in Linear Color..." is enabled and has been broken for years. That should have been fixed prior to adding any new feature that no one asked for. Totally insane.

I see the same thing in other apps from other companies as well. They add meaningless features for each version while known bugs are still there and over time the app become more and more unstable and behaves like molasses. It seems like those companies are obesssed with new features and think that for every new full version there *must* be x amount of  new features othervise it cannot be released. Year 2000 most new features were useful and a welcome addition, year 2020 most of the new features are meaningless and just add clutter.

It´s tragic for all users and Adobe is not alone in doing those unwanted moves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because as a professional I think it's important to have software that's bug-free. This is still not the case in 2020 for Premiere Pro. I hope with each update that some recurring bugs for years are finally fixed. I am not expecting any new functions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No software is bug-free..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We give you about 720€/year and that's your answer ??? You really don't care about your customers. 

Small bugs, I deal with it, bugs that make the software useless and cost me a couple of days of work, it's unacceptable for a company that pretend to be the "standard" of the industry. 

Shame on you. 

Hopefully, you're not the only software on the market... You'll regret this someday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, like nearly everyone here, is a user!

She's offering help of her own time, as I and so many others do on this user-to-user peer support forum.

If you want to post directly to the engineers, and please do! ... go to their engineering/management input portal, the UserVoice site.

Every post there is read & logged into their system by at least one engineer, and all posts are collated and sent to the upper managers who determine budgets & such.

The vast majority of users are not having the issue you are having. It's working perfectly here, which of course doesn't help you whatever.

But the engineers need to know on exactly which gear, OS, and media/workflows it is gritching. So give them detailed posts on what your gear, media, and workflow are and where it's screwed up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ann, Dear Neil,

I'm sorry for the confusion but the mention "Adobe Community Professionnal" in your description misled me. I thought I finally had someone from Adobe who was listening to my problems... Too bad.

In that case don't take it personally and thank you for taking time to answer even if it was useless for me and other users on this thread.

I've already voted for many posts relating this "bug" and obviously I'm not the only one : 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?category_id=332692&query=14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is a perfect example of how Adobe treats its business customers.
Of course, no software is free from bugs. Except in this specific case of the 14.6update. Here we are not talking about bugs but about a software that has become unusable after an update announced with great fanfare by Adobe.
I'm an editor since 20 years, I work daily on Premiere since version CS6 and some bugs are here for years. I always look forward to them being corrected with every update. As proof of this : the large number of messages posted on your feature / bug requests forum to which Adobe never seems to pay attention because of your voting system.

Sadly your last message clearly reflects the state of mind of your company. This is really sad. If your policy is to make Premiere become an iMovie for Windows, please say it loud. And we, professionals, will switch to other systems. But please don't make us waste our precious time by waiting for a simply working editing software.

Finally, I have taken note of your so-called procedure in order to correct the problems that we are often encountering. I will follow it and relate the results in a video that I will happily share with your community.
Thank you for your non-understanding.

Noar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. I did everything recommended (Reset prefs, clean cache, import old project in a fresh one)

Importing the old projet in a fresh one took me at least 10 mins... (1h30 footage, 2'00" timeline)

Some bugs have dissapeared (drag'n drop, delete footage) but no way to add new track. I'm tired to wast my time with this crappy 14.6 update. I will switch backward to the 14.5 for the next jobs and will take some time to have a look to DaVinci Resolve which appears to be more stable

Thanks for all Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same experience here (and tried trashing prefs/media cahce etc). Beachballs when moving clips in timeline so I didn't get far beyond that. 14.6 is totally unusable. 

This was on a current project, not a new one started fresh. 

nMP 2013, Mac OS 10.14.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines